Do You REALLY Want To Know If Someone You Like Isn't Interested?

What is your HONEST answer here? We all say we want the truth but can we all handle it?

• Give It To Me Straight. Respectful But Straight.
  • Don't Tell Me. I'd Rather Not Feel the Sting of Rejection.
Part of why I asked this question is because so many people will say they want the truth but they'll find solace in the possibility of someone liking them, even if every sign points to the reality that the don't.

721

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course the sting of rejection hurts and I'd rather not feel it. But once you know you can move on and you're not in that limbo of "does he/she like more or not". I would rather they were just honest with me. I might not be able to handle it well at the time but months later I'm thankful.

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell me sooner so that it's a disappointment instead of a heartbreak?

What Girls Said 6

• i can tell pretty quickly if they're into me or not

• As much as it will hurt at the time I think it's better to find out sooner rather than later because you're feelings will develop even more than they first were and it will end up being even harder to move on than it would if they had told you from the start that they aren't interested.

• Give me the truth I can handle it, it's better than thinking someone is into you.

• Yes. Then I can finally move on

• i want to find out from him but gentle and not direct

• I want to find out by myself

What Guys Said 20

• honesty is the best policy.
    but it really hurt who expect too much from you. so if you don't want to hurt that person then do not tell that thing directly.
    but yes ofc you have to say the truth. becuase if you will say lie to them. they start making more dreams and more expection from you. so it's better to say the truth but not directly.

• I'd rather she was into me, obviously. But if she's not, I would absolutely rather know.

I can deal with rejection. I can't get back wasted time.

• yeah i'd definitely want to know so i can move on

• I don't find solace in wondering, I find it stressful. Even approaching girls doesn't always tell you the answer because things can get complicated.

It's so stupid, we've created a society that works against itself.

• I get why you're asking this. I feel like a lot of people would rather keep thinking there's a possibility the other person likes them. Personally, I'd rather know the truth so I can know if I should move on and find a different girl who will have the same feelings for me that I do for her.

• Yes. I have to know what I do: if I keep investing or if I move on.

• You read my mind. Yes I want them to be straight up and tell me yes or no. I'm talking to a girl and she's confusing me with mixed signals and I want her to just be straight up

• I don't need to know.

I already know no one likes me.

• I would rather be told so I know not to waste my time anymore

• I just wanna know the truth always no matter how much it hurts. it's better in the long run.

• Would make things leagues easier for me. But usually I can tell right away.

• i can tell because of the way they respond to me
    Girl interested: Hi, :)
    Girl not interested: wat?, fuck off

• If im crushing on someone then I don't care to know because I never make a move on someone unless I know for sure they're into me. When I date and I'm unsure if they're still interested then I ask straight up so I can move on and not waste time.

• Give It To Me Straight

• Yes. I take the short pain over the long pain.

• I was going to say that you should think about joining a convent and becoming a nun or priest no relationships ever initiate.

• Honesty is the best policy , but without being nasty !!

• I'd rather live with as few delusions as possible.

• Give it to me straight.

• Let me think over it a bit.
    I wanna be sure to answer this from a relationship coach's perspective.