Girl cancelled our date an hour and a half before we would've met. Is she really busy or not interested?

We met a couple times already (mostly work related because we're gonna start a radio together at uni) and I feel like chemistry is great between us. We met this week already with one of my friends too and she found me hilarious lol I'm not trying to see too much into this. We even talked on the phone for an hour two days ago and I gotta say, she's awesome. After that we talked on facebook and we talked about deep stuff not like the average small talk but she asked me about my life goals and things like that, we discussed her life goals too.

Anyway, she's going to the US in May to work during the summer, she comes back in September. She said today she knows it's a little too late, she thought she is gonna be available today but she has papers to deal with about her visa and everything and she's busy. Basically she gave me a solid explanation. I texted back, okay, you gotta take care of business when there are things to do but I'll look for another time. She hasn't responded but I guess, well, she's busy.

Or is she? What do you think?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• May isn't that far away really. So i'd assume she's genuinely busy. She'll have a lot of paperwork to sort out , so her mind will be preoccupied

If she is genuine, then she'll get in touch to reschedule , after she's sorted all her legal paperwork out

• Thank you for your answer. Turned out she's overwhelmed about preparing to work in the States again and I feel like she's maybe even stressed about it which is normal in this situation I guess.

I'm a bit confused on what would be the proper thing to do because I like her a lot and I felt like things are going great between us but she has to focus on other things and drama is the last thing she needs now.

What do you think the best course of action would be?

Most Helpful Guy

• Saying you're busy without immediately thinking about when you can meet up is not a good sign

We all get busy yes. But when someone solid it's more like this --> sorry Im busy today but free this day, is that ok for you? NOT im busy today sorry to cancel and that's it

What Girls Said 1

• She isn't interested

What Guys Said 1

• She's probably genuinely busy. I would say to ask her to let you know when she's available to actually meet up. The ball is then in her court (given she was the one who cancelled last time)