Guys, Do you like compliments?

I am always calling my boyfriend cute, handsome and amazing and he does not seem to care or mind. Is it that he might not be use to it or he hates it?

Most Helpful Guy

• My brain went 2 places with this quickly.

It is possible that he is not good at demonstrating emotion and may love hearing it but doesn't know how to express that he enjoys it.

Another possibility is the he may be a narcissist and you are maybe boring him by telling him information that he already knows.

I was firing from the hip with these and neither of them may be true or one of them might be. Either way, I hope I helped.

• I have to go with your first answer. I have dated and was married to a narcissist for years so I would have spotted that from the beginning.

• I'm sure there are other possibilities as well.

• thanks for MHO

What Guys Said 11

• Most guys will like and appreciate compliments on their looks - most guys never (or only very rarely) get those, so it's nice - AS LONG AS they're sincere and legit. If they don't seem genuine, then it's condescending.

Guys like to be appreciated for what they DO, for the sacrifices they make, and for choices they've made (if he dresses nice, for example).

And guys need to feel sexually desirable, and so sincere compliments there will also be welcomed.

• Everyone likes to be complimented. The difference in people is that many aren't comfortable or even embarrassed when they are complimented. They'll say no or something else to avert it. Never stop complimenting people and especially kids and teens. I have a friend that I compliment all the time. She doesn't like it so I asked her if she really didn't like hearing things I say or just doesn't know what to say. She does like it, but feels like what do I say. I told her to say thank you and/or "it's very nice of you to say that". She's been doing that ever since.

• I like being complimented but because I don't expect them I'm always thrown off by greeting them and I don't know how to respond.

• We like compliments , sometimes we are embarrassed to receive them, this can happen with us guys from time to time, don't let it bring you down.

• Yes, but try complimenting things he does over things he is instead

• It's possible he's just used to it. He might care more than you think he does also (he may just not say or show it). But, there are some guys that would just take it for granted. I personally would like it. Just ask him sometime if it bothers him when you do it?

• Since I rarely get them. Yes, I love compliments.

• Compliments are great I think he just isn't used to it and isn't sure how to react, ik I'm still that way sometimes

• I don't mind compliments but at this point in my life I only believe in myself

• Yes but not "cute" ones.

• Probably not used to it. Ever heard of happy husband happy wife. Ya neither has anyone else.