Would you rather be single or seriously date someone whose age difference you're uncomfortable with?

• I'd be single... I'd rather wait until I meet someone I like with whom I feel comfortable with.
    48%(12)48%(28)Vote48%(16)
  • I'd seriously date that very young girl/guy (10 years younger or more).
    28%(7)36%(21)Vote42%(14)
  • I'd seriously date that older girl/guy (10 years older or more).
    24%(6)16%(9)Vote10%(3)
Select a gender to cast your vote:
* Don't forget - you're uncomfortable with that age difference - whatever it is...
Put yourself in that position. Would you date someone too old or too young and be uncomfortable the whole time or wait until you met someone more your speed.
10 years was just an example... it's the age difference you're uncomfortable with... Whatever that may be.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd rather be single than be with a guy I'm not totally comfortable with

. If he were a lot younger than me , then we'd be at different stages in our lives , so I really don't think it would work out between us.

I prefer to be with a guy in his 30's.. like my SO is lol

What Guys Said 14

• I'd care for him/her respectfully (voted for "younger girl/guy"), regardless of our age difference, and I'd be uncomfortable with it because I actually love him/her (fictional assumption). - (Dating may even seem like an odd concept in a situation like this, so I'd say it's more like taking him/her under my wings, but neither as a parent nor as a kind of master.) - (Intimacy, from a certain level of maturity, may or may not be part of that relationship, and would be based entirely on consent just like with any other relationship, but seeing how the age gap made me uncomfortable in the first place, it would be unlikely, or weird for both of us. This seems a lot like some kind of RPG to me. Viewed realistically though, we probably wouldn't have this relationship, unless he/she had the paws for it. Wait, how is that any more realistic again?)

If he/she was older than me, then it would be someone who relates to me in a similar manner, just the other way around. (Intimacy would be slightly less awkward for me, but the age gap would still make me uncomfortable and I'd rather want to think of him/her as a protector, my bridge over troubled water.)

• It seems to me that people need to be in relationships to find happiness. Singleness is a shame word why date if you are unhappy or uncomfortable. Dedicating your self to one person is rewarding but your happiness is a persuit that only you can achieve.. So enlight of this each to their own..

• Hmm. well that totally depends. I have stayed single for 4 years as I have been uninterested I starting something with girls I can't see a future with. Now add to this that I'm an INTJ personality type. I find it really difficult to get along with people.

Recently I met a girl 8 years my junior who I just clicked with. Normally a gap that large would disturb me, but the Idea of letting someone that amazing walk away from me just because of an age gap seems beyond stupid.

• hehe... option B...
    https://i.imgur.com/xoKQmOJ.jpg

• You are 18 ... so ten years younger would be 8, that is disgusting, shame on you

• I do believe if you report my post for "Offensive" it will be hidden and removed by admins. Do that and it will be removed.

• @2365gof You know, Family Guy jokes about it all the time.

• If a person is uncomfortable, why would they do it?

• Hey, that was my point, but apparently 50% of people who voted said they'd do it... so... maybe they're desperate or afraid of loneliness?

• *Correction, more than 50%.

• They sure aren't using logic or common sense. It just shows how different we can be. I like the question. Is "LittleSally" really little? I've seen your username and wondered. No particular reason. I like to look at peoples usernames and think of why that name.

• I I feel uncomfortable with age then it is a no no. But I I like the age difference , then , I will feel happy about it. A man can feel happy about marrying a young girl but not an old lady , that's how I see it.

• it's better to be single rather than stay with a person who has certain factors (in this case , age)
    with which you are uncomfortable.

by the way are you comfortable with a 24 yr old guy? ? (no bad intentions in this counter question ).

• I would rather be single than with some who was older than me that I felt uncomfortable with cause of our age difference. Like if i was dating a 20 year old and me being 32 years old, it would be weird. Even me dating a 40 year old women, it would be like dating my mom.

• I would never date anyone im not comfortable with because im not insecure im single for four years and i like keeping my options open until i find someone worthy of my time

• haha, worthy of your time. Your time is going to be up with that kind of talk after that long of time.

• I like women within my age range.

• single , i can wait

• I'd date a woman within ten years of my age or even someone younger

• I'd b single n look for one which is appropriate to my age. Not more than 7 years difference..

• Beggars can't be choosers... That's all I am saying.

What Girls Said 6

• Age difference I'm "uncomfortable" with? Ten years either direction is no taboo for me, but I would not date a high school guy or something. That's jailtime. Or some really super old guy who might end up having a heart attack trying to have sex with me. Being single is no problem either. Seems like all of these are a WIN for me in this question. I'm covered.

• 10 years was just an example... it's the age difference you're uncomfortable with... Whatever that may be.

• What if you're uncomfortable with the age difference at first but then get used to it and don't find it uncomfortable anymore?

• be single and wait

• Seeing as you've mentioned the word "uncomfortable " , I would rather be single.

• I'd rather be single and wait

• If I really like that guy I would date him...