17 year old girl dating a 14 year old?

Okey so I'm 17 right and a couple months back I met this guy and he looked nice like we had a good time. I had ask him his age and he has told me he was 16 and I was kinda weird out because well I'm a girl and I'm older that kind of looked bad but after some convincing from my friends I gave a chance. So whatever we started going out and " things happen" after that he told me that he really doesn't want to lose me but that his real age was 14. Now that was a big of a shock but he already grew on me. And I swear he does not act his age well maybe on some occasions but he mostly acts very mature around me and I don't know what to do if I should continue or stop it right now. But he keeps on saying age is just a number and that he doesn't want to lose what we have.

68

Most Helpful Guy

• A 14 year old is too young for a 17 year old. The fact that you like him does not change that. Him saying "age is just a number" is exactly what the vast majority of 14 year old boys would say. I know I would have. If he truly thought age doesn't matter, why did he lie to you at the beginning. There is no excuse for lying to you. A boy that age is going to do whatever he can to get a 17 year old girl. It's only 3-4 years (based on birthdays) but at your ages, it's big. Him being mature has nothing to do with this. I'm sure all his friends know he slept with you. It's kind of like a badge of honor thing and his friends will tell him how lucky he is. You seem to know the right thing to do or you wouldn't have posted this question. Do what you know is right.

Most Helpful Girl

• he's just a kid who wants some action.. no way he is going to be serious about this when he turns 17.. so make a smart decision for yourself

What Guys Said 7

• love is not a matter of age! even the world class people marry people with age difference! but be in your limits

• And what exactly is the reason you liked him in the first place? BE HONEST.

• stop it before its too late

• he lied about his age. and you still don't how many lies he has told you. dump that guy lol

• A part of me says why not! I like older girls myself.

• Age may be just a number but you do need to keep the law in mind

• I think you must stop...

What Girls Said 5

• Honestly, that's up to you. You will be 18 soon which is a legal adult and you'll be dating a child. I mean, I've seen it done. 17 year old males date 14 year old females, it's creepy and not something I would recommend doing. I think that's one of those things when being 17, you're not quite legal yet, but you're still older. 17 and 14 is a big difference. It may not seem like it, but it is.

• When you turn 18 is where the problem will come in. he's a young teen and cannot consent to "doing things". Itd be illegal. And I don't think you want to wait 4 more years for him to be at age of consent.

• you need to stop it right now

• I would leave him. In 1 year - it will be illegal for you to date him and he will become jail bait.

• ew stop