Why did he stop in front of me and stare at my feet?

This guy is in my church choir. This past Wednesday... I was already sitting in the choir loft (as usual) when he got there.(My birthday was on Monday). The piano player went over by the piano. He was walking towards the piano to talk to her. She told me she hoped I had a good birthday. I said yes. Then they were talking. I was looking around. He gets his choir book and steps into the choir loft. I thought he was going to walk to the back row (where he usually sits) from that other side. I looked at the floor. He looked at me and said hi. I looked up at him. Then he looked at the floor. I said hi. Then I looked at the floor but was watching him out of the corner of my eye. He was still looking at the floor but had turned and walked over to me. Then he stopped in front of me. He stood there for awhile... probably thinking of something to say. I kept looking up and back at the floor. He was still looking at the floor. Then I noticed that he wasn't looking at the floor anymore. He was staring at my feet. I was wearing wedge heels that had an open toe. So he was standing there in front of me staring at my feet. Then he finally said happy belated birthday. I looked up and he was still standing there just staring at my feet. I was thinking this is kind of weird. I said thank you. The he walks to the stairs on the other side of me, walks to his chair, and sits down. Why was he standing there in front of me staring at my feet? Why wasn't he looking me in the eye? I've never noticed a guy staring at my feet before so it was strange to me. Help! I'm confused and don't have much experience.

12

What Guys Said 2

• Probably has a foot fetish. Was daydreaming about a footjob from you.

• Feet can be a source of arousal, and even aesthetic pleasure.

More realistically: he is shy and didn't feel like affording eye contact. Between the impulse to look at your face and away he went halfway and looked at your body.

If you wore distinctive shoes that could be another reason.

What Girls Said 1

• maybe he likes u and wanted to talk to you but was to shy to look at you... so he stared at your feet