Opposites attract: True or not?

My opinion: Totally false, I don't get along with the opposite personality, I don't prefer to be around them.

• True!
  • False!
  • Not sure!
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1121

Most Helpful Guy

• it's depend.
    mostly í seen in girls.
    they like to get out of there comfort zone.

sometimes we like the opposite but we cannot accept that becuase of many reason.

í am saying this becuase i seen many people like this.

well í do not want a girl totakky opposite to me.

life and magnets are different.
    human are not like river which always flow in same direction..
    human are like ocean who can flow in any direction...

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on how opposite. Personally I'm quite bad with people and would rather be with someone who isn't. Beyond that I want us to have as much things in common as possible.

What Guys Said 20

• Well, false.. but opposites can be fascinating or intriguing, which could be confused for infatuation or even attraction.

• I should mention, that just as yin and yang can't exist without each other, so too does a relationship benefit from having both toughness, and softness.. so in that sense, it may not attract, but it compliments each other.

• Good answer. I like it.

• Opposites may attract but they usually don't stay together in the long term because those differences will be expressed in different desires which will lead to conflict and lots of arguments and resentment.

• I say yes, as long as there are some core similarities.

My girlfriend is very much an introvert, an only child with a small tight friend circle and enjoys her alone time.

I'm an extrovert, that enjoys being around people ALL the time.

So we play off each other well. In terms of cultural ideals we match.

• For me, it's false. I like a girl I can share my life with, and what I like. If we're opposites, usually we'll go our different way when doing certain activities, because what I like, she doesn't, and vice versa.

• Yes. But mainly for two people that are only some what opposite and are alike in so many other ways. For example, 1 person is poor and the other person is wealthy. And while that is a big opposite, the two might be the same in almost everything else. Making them attract. Now if you are just talking opposites attract, then sure. But a lot less likely than the first one i mentioned. For me, I prefer two of a kind.

• It could go either way. Just depends on the two people & their personalities

• Jeezoz Don't take it literally.. When it said about opposite attracts, it refers to as an example male and female. opposite sex... In magnet, north pole and south pole attracts... It's not a universal law in everything, obviously opposite personality would not attract.

• its both it can be true and false. true that you might somebody who is jelly to your peanut or salt to your pepper and you guys get along really well and they will get you out of your comfort zone. then there is the false part as well. mean you can find somebody who is opposite from you and just dont get along like water and oil or water and vinegar and all you guys do is argue and fight and it is very toxic. so it can be both

• Opposite temperaments generally attract. (i. e. introvert and extrovert)
    Opposite values generally repel. (Progressive/Conservative or Atheist/Christian)

• not sure about it. never met anyone

• I don't think this is the case then everyone would be multi racial and heterosexual, if opposites truly attracted.

• False

• Half true as the same attract is half true, it really comes down to the individual.

• I can't say I am really boring, by analyzing I really have to say at the moment none is around what this means?

• If the differences are too stark, the relationship will likely fail through a series of arguments

• Nice people attract others, it doesn't depend if it's a opposite or not.

• I'm white and only find brown girls attractive.

• Is there a reason for this preference?
      Because even though I'm open to anyone, I seem to only date white guys. It's not like I choose for it to be that way, but they seem to be the only ones interested in me 😂

• @GlitterDragon I find it hard to explain the reason as it seems to be a gut feeling, innate desire. It's a bit like asking why you like a certain food, you know you just do and enjoy its taste. I believe attraction is inherently based on genetic compatibility anyway and studies show that "outbreeding" causes more healthy offspring. (though I don't necessarily even want kids but the instinct remains)

• Fair enough. I see what you mean about gut feeling, I guess it's similar to your gender interest...

• I voted the third option but not because I'm "not sure" but because sometimes it is the case and sometimes it isn't. o3o

• some opposites are good, as they compliment each other's shortcomings.

• Opposites do attract but birds of same feather flock together!!

What Girls Said 10

• Not true in my case.

I couldn't be with a guy who had a total opposite personality to mine. He needs to have similar qualities. , morals and values as myself or the relationship wouldn't work

• I'm chinese but I find european and middle eastern men to be the hottest and am not at all interested in chinese men or any other subset of Asians.

• Not true in my opinion because I'm not very social and I don't like people who are like "look at me" I always get irritated with attention seekers so no not for me

• It's usually false. People who are similar to each other make the best match.

• Of course yes. Why do you think men like smart women lol

• You gotta have something in common otherwise it won't work. But yeah, I think they do attract a little.

• They do attract but it's so much better to be with someone similar to us.

• No way

• Sometimes. I honestly don't know anymore.

• Unfortunately.