Guys usually prefer girls who are sort of damsel in distress. Why does it make girls feels that we don't like strong independent women?

I know every guy wants to be the Knight in Shining Armour for her troubled princess. I personally don't think it has anything to do with strong, working and independent women.

It's not right that we treat them as projects, puzzles to solve, disease to cure and then leave them because when it's done we lose the interest. I've been on date with girls who always complain that men don't like strong women. They want someone they can look down to and treat them like a kid.

Guys, what's your opinion on this? Is this what you look for in date?

And girls, does it bother you that guys do that? Is it necessary that you should be in trouble so he can care about you? What's your definition of a good caring boyfriend from a strong, independent girl's prospective?

11

What Girls Said 1

• I'm a strong independent woman and my boyfriend likes that

What Guys Said 1

• Unfortunately, most women who say they are "strong, independent women" end up being bitches with a chip on their shoulder who are totally unappealing to men. It's not at all that men don't like strong and independent women. Rather, the problem is the mentality of women who feel the need to preach that they are "strong and independent". They are almost invariably the ones who have a chip on their shoulder about men. It's takes a very insecure woman to feel the need to actually say "I am strong and independent and I don't need a man". A woman who is truly strong feels no need to tell the world she is strong.

So yeah, men do not dislike strong women, but they are rightly put off by women who are so insecure that they feel the need to tell everyone they are strong.

• By the way, this is not a male / female thing. No one likes a person who feels the need to tell everyone how good they are, regardless of their gender. However, women are attracted to strength and confidence in men much more so than men are attracted to those things in women, and women often mistake insecure arrogance in men for strength. That phenomenon really does not exist for men.