My boyfriend said yes to having an long distance relationship, now he just avoids talking about it. What does he really feel?

So recently we have had some issues. Dating since the summer, and after Halloween I moved to London. And when we are talking about London - he is so negative about it, he tells me he will not move there. And 3 months later now, he totally changed his mind. Telling me he wants to consider it and take it from there. And now I'm back in town, and I want to make sure he knows that if we do this. He needs to be ready what will happen. Not saying long distance relationship is easy, but he can't just convince me he wants to move there, and now he just avoids talking about it.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Long distant relationships are for idiots. They don't work.

What is happening is he doesn't want to move but he doesn't want to lose you so he's going to change his entire life to do do.

that is an idiot move as well because if he does that he is showing the lack of authority in the relationship. It's not very dominant to be giving up your life and following a girl.
    Like all women, if he moves, you will suddenly start to lose interest in him for a bunch of pointless reasons and he'll never find out why it didn't work out.
    Women do not respect men who do what they want like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds to me like he's not sure what he wants. He keeps flipping from being interested in moving to London and then not interested.

Considering moving together is a huge step in a relationship, he should be more willing to talk to you about this. To me, his unwillingness to talk things over about the move or possibility of moving is a red flag.

Any person who is genuinely interested in the other, would have no issue talking about future plans together. But if he is not wanting to talk about it, that to me, shows a hesitation about a future.

Perhaps he's happy where he is now and has no plan to leave. And he's just been saying he's open to moving because he wants to keep you around.

Either way, a long distance relationship requires communication. Something with he is not giving you at this time and I think that is concerning.

I would have a talk to him about that. Let him know that in order for things to work between you two, that there needs to be communication. If he is reluctant to still talk about things, then I would be thinking about breaking up. Don't stay with someone who can't and won't communicate with you. Especially if you are thinking about a huge step in your relationship together.

What Guys Said 3

• Who in there right mind would have been a long distance relationships? Those rarely if not at all work. Got yourself to blame for anything that goes wrong.

• seems like to be dumped! be careful ! if u want to stay with him then please him

• Just stay there, everything is money out there

What Girls Said 2

• Well LDR can work but if he's avoiding talking about the LDR then he probably doesn't want to be reminded of it... as long as you two still stay in touch and still love each other than you two and ur LDR should and will most likely work out.

• men can't handle LDR :/ majority of men :/