Should I stop dating a guy who prefers blondes given that I'm a brunette?

I read a 2014 Facebook post where he said that his ideal girl would be a blonde. I know it's been 3 years, but I can't help but wonder if this means that I'm not physically as good as a blonde to him.

What do you think?

621

Most Helpful Guy

• No, don't stop just for that. Every guy builds up this mental picture of his ideal lady, based on his experiences and his fantasies. She doesn't exist, except in his imagination. The vast majority of guys would never end it with you because of hair colour. So don't end it with him. After all, he IS with YOU!

• The fact that I'm not his ideal girl is what bothers me. I mean, what are the chances that his hair color preference has changed since then?

• I think this is over-thinking. In the past, it probably hasn't entered his head.

If need be, try going blonde. See if he likes it.

• Thanks for MHG!

Most Helpful Girl

• A preference is just a preference. Just because he prefers blondes doesn't mean he can't like brunettes too.

• But deep down he would choose a hot blonde over a brunette right?

What Guys Said 20

• I see no reason to if he's with you as a brunette. 3 years is a long time to spend with a woman if that was so important to the man. I love blonds, but I think the vast majority of women who are classic beauties are brunettes. Because I love blonds does not mean I will only be with a blond.

• but deep down, do you think that a hot blonde is better than a hot-looking brunette?

• So technically, I'm someone he settled for because he couldn't find the woman of his dreams?

• OMG, no, no, no. It means he fell for you. It has nothing to do with settling for less than he wants. We all have a vision of what would be perfect. I've never met anyone who has. Your vision of the perfect man you would like in your mind is not who your boyfriend is. Are you settling with him. Of course not. What we envision in our minds as perfect rarely becomes reality. I don't know if it ever does. Quit overthinking this and be happy with your guy. He wants to be with you. If it was so important to him, he would not have waited until you brought it up to him. Here is another example... I love great legs and ass. I have no problem with small breasts. Has every girl/woman I've been with had great legs and ass, of course not. Did I like those with imperfect ones any less because of this. No, matter of fact, I've been with some with pretty flat butts. What I'm saying is that if we all had to have what we envision, none of us would find a partner. Stop doing this to yourself.

• I bet he likes brunette more seance he met you. I'm sure he thinks your the most beautiful girl ever!

• what makes you think that?

• So you think he suggested I dye my hair out of curiosity?

• Yes that's what it sounds like to me.

• i want a girl with blonde hair
    chubby green eyes and much
    or
    pale Skin girl with grey or blue eyes and platinum blonde hair.

but it really don't mean í will leave a person who love me for these physical things.
    the thing matter is love.

• If I were in your shoes, I admit I would be very upset too. However, if I was with her for that long, and she swore to me that she adores my hair, I couldn't end a relationship over it.

I only answered that way because it was something as trivial as hair color. If she said the same thing about something like height or race, I'm afraid I just couldn't be with her anymore.

• You worry to much. It's just a hair color. He'd have to be super shallow to dump you over that.

• If you think you have to be the perfect image to date a guy then you'll be breaking up with everyone in your life.

• Stop over thinking your situation. He asked you out. It is self-evident that he fancies you.

• Are people seriously deciding based on hair colour? :o My ideal woman would be one that keeps her mouth shut. Not going to happen, is it? He's happy with what he's got, obviously.

• if you have a preference, does that mean you don't like anything else?

• Sort of.

• How do i know if it isn't a requirement and that deep down he wants to be with a blonde?

• bc he's with you!
      he doesn't have to be!
      he could leave, but hasn't bc he likes you!

• Hair color doesn't mater if you're looking for a real relationship. Of you're just looking for sex from him, who cares what hair color he prefers?

• Preferences change. Chances are his preferences have changed a bit since 3 years. I know mine have.

• How have your preferences changed?

• I used to prefer a certain type of look and now it's almost completely opposite.

• I wouldn't worry much , if the guy likes you that's what matters the most.

• Is he settling for less by getting with a brunette? He has called me "hot" plenty of times. But, I can't help but wonder if he'll think that a hot blonde chick is better than me for being blonde.

• No, he's not settling for less with a brunette. If he likes you than that's all matters.

• Seriously stop that and enjoy your time with him.

• Ask him

• we guys have short memory, if he said it in 2014 he has probably changed his mind, for the future when a guy says something it is true for the next 14-30 days then forget it

• come on, it was three years ago, he's in a relationship with you now right, if you genuinely don't like the guy, then stop dating him

• Is there a chance that's he's changed his preference?

• How easy is it to transition from liking blondes only to liking blondes and brunettes? I mean, I can't help but think that I'm not his ideal girl you know?

• He clearly likes only you right now, he could have moved on from the blondes thing, you shouldn't give it so much thought

• No lol, he might have changed for all you know

• Its a preference. If you like eachother keep at it.

• everybody has the ideal gf/bf they want which they can't always get. why? because then you're practically doing a "build - your - own -bf/gf" thing. so you might as well build a robot if that's the case. but, honestly, almost every guy thinks blondes are better. even as a early 20's guy, i still dont know why. some say cuz theyre like a "rare breed" i guess. personally, i like brunettes over blondes because my girlfriend is a brunette and my last girlfriend from 5 years ago was a brunette too. and dont worry, hair colour is just a thing you're born with. it doesn't determine intelligence, or physical aspects to a person. just says "hey, i have __(colour)__ hair".

so yah, just try to let it go because it should mean nothing. talk to him too. there's always the option that you dye your hair blonde too haha. I'm kidding ':-D

• So you're basically saying that he's settling for less for being with me?

• No I'm not saying that

• yeah, break up. he will eventually cheat.

What Girls Said 5

• My boyfriend prefers brunettes yet he's still with me. I don't think that's a reason to end a relationship tbh.

• Does it make you feel insecure that perhaps he might be attracted to a hot brunette more than you? by the way, you're very beautiful.

• Nope not at all. If he wanted to be with a hot brunette then he would be. But he's not, he's with me so I don't feel the need to worry in any way. And thank you!

• Yes you should so he can find a decent girl that isn't so incredibly insecure.

• Its just a preference. Obviously he liked something about you since he decided to date you. It was 3 years ago, you're reading into this too far.

• no he may prefer blondes but he liked you

• It been 3 years. You don't have a chance even if you were blonde. Sorry.