Should I keep going with this or walk away?

I met a great guy online and we've been talking for about a month. We have a ton of stuff in common and we have fun talking to each other. We have been out on a date and it went great, we both enjoyed ourselves and actually stayed at the place until after close. After our date, he went on vacation with his family and he still made sure to talk throughout the trip. Once he got back, I dropped a hint about seeing him again to see what he said. He told me he should have said something sooner, but he's still getting over a really bad heartbreak from his last relationship and that he needs to take things slow. That he's not sure where his heart and head are at right now and he thought he was ready to date again because he's been lonely for months, but he's not sure. He thinks I'm awesome and we have so much in common, but he needs to go slow. He also said that he can be really terrible at text messaging and he's had like no time with his 2 jobs. I told him going slow was fine by me because I actually came out of a pretty long standing relationship myself recently that ended poorly. And that I totally don't mind if he's busy or doing something and can't text, he has his own life. But that I really just wanted to know if he was interested, that we could keep doing what we're doing and I'd be fine with it. But I didn't want to waste my time if he wasn't interested. He told me he definitely was interested and if I was fine with it, he really wanted to keep going with this.

I want to know if anyone else has had any experience with this. I don't want to walk away just because it's the wrong time, he's such a great guy. But I know I could start to get attached and he still be emotionally unavailable. Am I doing the right thing?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• No experience, but I would say if even the slow pace is still too slow for you, or you see little to no progress after a little while longer, then I would call it quits. You can tell he has no genuine interest because he will just disappear for weeks at a time. If this happens, then I would walk.

Most Helpful Girl

• You want to do the right thing. What thing are you doing?

• We still talk everyday, there are some days that he might disappear for a while, but he has done that every so often since we started talking. There are times he's apologized profusely for how bad at text messaging he can be because if he's doing something, he just doesn't think to text. We're both really into sports so we'll text back and forth for hours on games we've been watching. So basically what I'm doing is still talking to him. I just don't know if I should move on to someone else. We both agree we're interested in each other. I'd hate to walk away.

• I dint think there's anything wrong with exploring other things, activities and men while still talking to him (when he has time for you). Why put your life on hold.

What Guys Said 1

• Considering the fact that he is already talking a lot to you, he is already emotionally available for you. Have you let him know that you like the current thing going? I think its okay to spend more time with him. If he has been in a heartbreak, he needs to pick himself out of it, and the first step is to start looking for another person. If what he says is true, he seems to be going in the right direction. He is also feeling the same vulnerability of risking a relationship and getting hurt again. Think about it and make a decision. Best of luck to you. Cheers :)

What Girls Said 2

• I'm afraid I would be giving a very wide berth indeed.

• I think it sounds like he gave you a bunch of excuses