Is it normal for moms to overreact when they find out that their daughter is going out with someone?

I've never had a boyfriend before. I just told my mom that I was taking a weekend getaway with a guy I've been going out with. She knows this guy too and started telling me to be careful and that he could kill me because he's an army veteran, etc... I understand that you always need to be careful with anyone, but she makes it look like every person I hang out with has a hidden agenda.

50

Most Helpful Girl

• She's just being a mom. It's normal for her to worry about her child. If you are the only child/only girl she will try to do anything that is possible to let you stay home. Just be like mom I'm going to be okay... prove to her you are very responsible

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Personally I think most fathers naturally overreact with their daughters, even more so than the mothers.
    I know it certainly was with me.

• i think she is just overprotective. My mom is kinda the same 😅

• She is extra cautious.

• Mothers are after girls coz she was a girl before she became mother, she knows what kinda activities goes through a young girl`s mind, she is not overreacting, she is being protective to you.