Would you date someone who has children your age or older? Why or why not?

My question made it on the front page! Awesome!

4148

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Never. Because now my question to that person is WHY would they want to date me, and what are their intentions with me. Plus I'm not attracted to older men, and neither would I allow that attraction to turn into anything perverse or something I don't personally agree with for myself.

What Guys Said 47

• no. think by yourself.
    you will be get matched with those children. there are many things which can happen. boys and girl are of your age.
    they will not pay respect as a mom or old women because you are of. there age.

and there are many other reasons.

• i wouldn't say no but i feel like it would be difficult.

• Well, my girlfriend is 24, so she could be my daughter. So I guess in that sense, it's a yes on her part.

• I don't think any woman that is old enough to have kids my age would be attractive enough to me to date.

• Someone who has kids my age will be pushing 60. It would take someone really really special for me to consider it.

• I wouldn't, too old for me and to make it worse I do prefer girls younger than me.

• No. They'd be dead soon.

• Nope.

• When I was younger, this was my ultimate fantasy.

But at my age now, that's becoming more and more questionable.

• Eventually you might end up on the other side of this equation

• Nope. Because she's most likely my parents age unless she had her kids in her teens. Even then, nope.

• Hmm... I don't know. Perhaps, if I have come to peace with not having my own children. I'm not sure I could do that though. Granted, you did say "date". So, it's not like I'm going to marry her.

• I'm a FT working single dad & I know no woman will want a man in my situation. Most people will not be keen on taking on children that are not theirs & I can't blame them either.

• I applaud you for raising children single handedly whilst working full time. It's not easy at all. People struggle to do that when working part time.

• @SuitAndTie Thank you , Sir , it helps that my boy is 13 & is at secondary school. My daughter will be joining her brother in September , so that takes some pressure off me , no more school run , then work !!

• I wouldn't.

• Nope, that's belike having another mom, I only want one. I'd date a daughter if I liked her

• I wouldn't rule out a woman with 33 year-old children, but we'd probably have to have very good chemistry in almost every area of life in order to overlook that gap.

• Hard pass.

• No way, Jose !

• Nope if a woman had children my age they'd basically have to be double my age or nearly double my age, hard pass not a fan of cougars.

• Nope, that's wayy too old. And our lives would obviously be at completely different points.

• No, I don't like children and wouldn't want to raise someone else kids. Even if the kids were older like say teenagers, I wouldn't do it. Even if the women was older me like in her 40's or 50's, I wouldn't.

• Hell no, they'd be way too old for me.

• no i only date much younger

• If we got along well and she was nice and attractive then yes I would.

• i dont think so. But live is full of surprises lol...

• Lol, no. I might date a girl whose mother is my age, but never the other way way around. LMAO... Older women. Women age like milk. In the sun. In Baghdad. In August. Under a heat lamp. Fuck that.

• So wrong. Lol. my mom just turned 70 and looks like she's in her 50's so hello to me when I'm that old! Lol

• i so agree with you. i've always been attracted to guys 18-22. i'm all about physical attraction and though i don't think about age the guys i find attractive always turn out to be in their early 20s.

• No, I don't like children.

• No..

• Nope. I don't want another man's kids.

• No, since she'd be like in her 40's or 50's.

• He'll to the know. Have sex with yes but not date

• More from Guys
    17

What Girls Said 40

• No, I wouldn't because if I'm dating a guy I'd rather not be his geriatric nurse (he'd most likely die about 20 years (give or take a few) before me, assuming we both die of old age). I also have to add that I also feel like the dynamic between a guy that much older than me would be more along the lines of father/daughter😷 (I'm not immature but I am somewhat childlike w/ my optimism and I'm stubborn as hell sometimes). In the event that the guy was really immature and that's why he wants a teenager for a girlfriend, I'd still want nothing to do with him... I don't want to be a 38 year old's nanny

• Omg, why did I read this question as "would you date someone 2 times your age?". My bad.

• To answer your actual question, no I wouldn't date a guy with kids my age because I'd feel like his adopted child as opposed to his girlfriend. I mean how could he look at me when I'm at about the same stage in my life as his own children and not be somewhat reminded of his kids?

• No, I Would not date my father so I would not date somebody his age either, this is sick to me, but HEY some others might consider it normal it's on the eye of the beholder, everyone has different ideas on this one, but ME personally NO NEVER...

• No. That would be kinda gross to me. Also in general I'm not looking for guys who are that much older than me. Don't want to become a widow at 40.

• Sure.. I would not be dating their children.

And it would be cool to have a friend my age that i am dating her dad.. we could do so much fun stuff together..

Sure, it would be weird if i got married and had step kids my age or older, but I am not marrying or dating them..

• No. I don't want to be with someone older than 35 and that's pushing it.
    I prefer someone to be around my age.

• age is just a number... within reason.

i would definitely not date someone who had kids my age because 1) it's awkward and 2) i don't want kids.

• I have. I did it because I was attracted to them. Most people with children my age now are a bit outside of typical dating age though, so probably not so much now.

• Very doubtful I'd ever find anyone my parent's age attractive... in any way except intellectually - and that would be more of 'interesting' than 'attractive'...
    + it's just creepy...

• No that would be a bit too weird.

• Well, not gonna lie, that'd be sort of weird. I feel like his children might resent me... on the flip side, maybe we could be good friends since we are from the same generation and might have more in common.

• Hell no. Honestly, I'm 18 and dads 46. Imagine if I marry a guy his age what it will be when I'm 25. No, nope... i'll pass.

• Lol hell no... I wouldn't date someone old enough to be my dad in the first place... that's gross.

Also, I wouldn't date anyone with kids, period.

• That really depends on how in love I am. I would try to avoid too much awkwardness, but if I really couldn't stay away and it was real love, then maybe I would.

• thankfully I won't ever have to worry about that for myself, but absolutely not, that is just way to weird for me.

• You could have picked a better picture than feature kate olsen and her illuminati pedophile handler.
    No. It wouldn't make sense to date someone too old.

• I didn't pick the picture, gag did. I was a little skeeved out when I first noticed it too

• Oh no... lol

• Is that guy actually a pedophile? Or are you just calling him that because he is with a woman who was like 31 the last I heard?

• I'm not that desperate

• I'd rather date someone who has no children.

• Plus, I wouldn't be interested in dating a grandpa. I want someone around my own age.

• No I would not - I would assume I would never be considered important to them

• I'd consider it

• no i am not even attracted to most men my age because they don't take care of themselves and the ones who catch my eye have always been 18-22. i've been saying this on here since 2013...

• Nope I wouldn't it would be really creepy!! haha

• Not a chance.

• No, I wouldn't, too awkward

• Absolutely not I don't even think that is possible

• ya cause I like older guys

• I used to have a crush with my boss in my previous job. I was 23 and he was around 48. I would have no problem dating him but sometimes he used to point out that he has a daughter around my age and that swept all the sexual tention away. So if he feels the urge to mention it all the time, ermm no. But generally I am not appalled with the idea of dating someone that much older.

• No I wouldn't

• There would be absolutely no chance in hell of that ever happening.

• Nope. I think that's weird tbh.

• Sure.

• More from Girls
    10