Who should pay on the first date? Girl or the guy?

717

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I don't know about "should" but on all first dates I had, with the exception of one, the girl paid for the entire thing. Then again, it was almost always the girls that asked me out but even when I asked them out they sneaked off and paid before I got a chance.

Generally the default should be to split the bill, though.

Most Helpful Girl

• 50/50 seems like a better idea

What Guys Said 16

• It depends on the couple themselves.

It's up to them to establish that according to what they're comfortable with and their circumstances.

Personally I'd offer to pay first. If she goes on and fights me to pay then I'll split it with her, if she just offers, then I'll kindly turn down the offer.

People are different. You adapt.

• Should? The one who invited (Which typically is the guy, but that aside..) and the other one should at least ask to split, but need not insist.

• girl

• I like to pay, it's the gentleman-thing to do. However, over the past 4 years I have been transitioning into splitting the bill.

• If I'm asking her out I will insist on paying no matter what. If I ask her out 20 times in a row I will pick up the bill 20 times.

If she's asking me out I will offer multiple times and try to convince her to let me cover the bill. If she's okay with it I'm more than happy to pay. If she insists and doesn't take no for an answer, I'll let her but only after making sure she knows she doesn't have to.

• Whoever arranged the date.

• The waiter or waitress.

• Guy should pay. Girl should take guy home and suck him off as a thank you for paying. Everyone's a winner!

• This issue pisses me off honestly. some women are offended if you dont offer to pay, and others are offended if you offer to pay. It's only money, it's not what really matters for fuck's sake!

• noone? haha just run.
    no really I don't care depends on my mood if I wanna pay

• either both pay there own or the person who asked for the date

• whoever asks the other on date pays.

• i think the guy should pay for like all of them. it shows the girl he is independent and mature

• Guy.

• If she's asking me out she better pays for the thing!

• ALWAYS the girl!

What Girls Said 6

• Pay for yourselves.
    Or dine and dash if you two are risk takers.

• If I initiated the date, I'll pay. If he initiated the date, I'll at least offer to go Dutch.

• THE COOK 😂

• Guy.

• The Guy

• The girl.