Why won't my boyfriend stick up for me?

I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for almost 4 years and his friends have started being rude towards me and making me feel horrible. Situation 1. We went out with my boyfriend's friend and family to celebrate his birthday. I bought him a chocolate mud cake from the supermarket as it's all I can afford since I'm only a student nurse. At another table, there was another birthday celebration happening and the birthday girl got a luxurious cake. My bf's friend turned to me and told me that I failed at being a girlfriend because I bought a cheap cake. This made me feel to embarrassed to have the cake brought out after our meals and my boyfriend didn't say anything to her. When we got home, I told him how I felt about it and he said to stop taking things to heart and that he prefers the mud cake that I bought. 2. His family, his friends, my boyfriend and I are volunteer firies and we were getting photos taken with the carerr firefighters to celebrate 75 years of the organisation. My bf's mum and I were asked to be part of one photo for the newspaper and the photographer decided to swap one of us for a career firefighter. My bf's mum said she'll be happy to be swapped out. A few hours later I get an angry text from my boyfriend saying that I pushed his mum out for a photo (he was at work during the photoshoot) and when I called him to explain what happened, he said "That wasn't what I was told!" And so I asked who told him and he said that it was one of his friends. I started crying and said that I've had enough of his friends being horrible to me and that I wanted to break up as he doesn't stand up for, even after I've stood up for myself and still get knocked down. He responded with don't do that, we'll talk when he gets home. When he comes home, he said that he spoke to his mum and jer story was the same as mine and that I didn't do anything wrong. I asked if he was going to tell his friend that he said 'no' and 'to just drop it.' These are only 2 out of many

11

What Guys Said 1

• i hate to say this but your boyfriend sounds like a douche for not one believing you and trusting you.

What Girls Said 1

• Your boyfriend doesn't respect you. Get a new one or tell him he needs to start respecting you or he'll lose you.