Do you think that if you don't have an inital physical attraction that it will never come?

Lets say you and a guy meet on a first date and you both have a lot in common, share similar values, passions etc.. but you don't find yourself having butterflies or think they are "hot" or very phycially attractive...

What if you met over a dating site and you know they're real cause you facetimed or whatever.. you have similar interests, values, etc but don't find them physically attractive. Would you go on a first date?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Generally the strongest physical attractions I had to girls were not established on first impressions. It took some time of seeing them repeatedly in different circumstances for me to really grow the attraction.

It's like a matter of noticing them in different lighting, atmospheres, different social situations, etc.

That said, if I started off not seeing the girl as attractive whatsoever, typically it remains that way. It's usually when I start off finding a girl at least remotely attractive that the attraction grows over time.

• >> What if you met over a dating site and you know they're real cause you facetimed or whatever.. you have similar interests, values, etc but don't find them physically attractive. Would you go on a first date?

If I didn't have any physical/sexual attraction there whatsoever, can't say I would/could. In an extreme case if I could date someone just based on such similar interests alone independent of any sexual attraction, my sexual orientation would not be limited to heterosexual.

• That said, typically I find most girls at least remotely attractive in ways that can grow over time. It's only in extreme cases like if the girl has a higher BMI than I do or is twice my age that I find no remote attraction whatsoever.

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks don't mean much to me if they have a great personality so I would still go on a date.

What Guys Said 2

• Attraction can definitely build over time, the question is are you willing to wait when it's just easier to jump the next attractive dude that comes along.

• It will come except if you find him physically repulsive.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!