I broke the fart barrier by accident & now he won't stop teasing me?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 9 months and I accidentally farted last night when I was sleeping over at his house. I was absolutely mortified and he did not give it a rest! It happened in the most mortifying way and I literally wanted to kick myself in the head for letting it slip. In all my previous relationships I never farted in front of the person I was dating and now I feel like I'm this undesirable girlfriend. We were watching a movie together in bed and he was sleeping on my stomach. I was trying to get up so I could do it in private but he didn't get off me and I farted! He was so surprised and amused that he literally laughed for 5 straight minutes and I couldn't help but laugh but I was secretly so embarrassed I could hardly think straight. He has the sense of humour of a 10-year-old boy so I knew he would make fun of me but not to this extent. He was like, "I'm glad you were the first one to fart in our relationship," and then died laughing. Now he has no problem farting in front of me and I hate that I'm the one who broke the fart barrier lol. Every time I protest about it he says "Then you shouldn't have farted." This is so embarrassing on so many levels! Please share your embarrassing moments to make me feel better? :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Now that you've broken the fart barrier, you can now have farting contests with each other! Tell him to pull your finger and when he does... let er' rip! Since he won't stop teasing you, I think it's time you got revenge on him by giving him the Dutch Oven!

Here's to fart-tastic relationship!

Happy Farting!

• Not going to happen! Lol :) Now that I know how he reacts I'm never doing it again. Like does he expect me to be this perfect human that does no wrong? lol. I'm so embarrassed I could die :(

• You know what they say... the couple that farts together, stays together!

Okay, I totally made that up, but you get my drift :p

Seriously though, you two are just getting comfortable with each other. Over time, you'll look back at this and laugh at how big a deal you made of such a trivial matter :)

• I hope you're right! :) Thanks for being nonjudgmental lol

Most Helpful Girl

• he won't stop teasing you? tease him back. next time he lets an errant toot slip, say 'if that were me, you'd be dead'.

• How do I get him to stop teasing me? He's making me feel self-conscious about doing something that should be normal and I'm worried he thinks differently of me now

• he's probably just relieved that he can let one rip in front of you now lol.

honestly, i think you're overreacting. there's no reason to be ashamed of normal bodily functions... he likely finds it funny because all the other women he knows are like, "i don't do that, it's unicorn fairy dust blah blah".

if you don't make a big deal of it, he won't either.

What Guys Said 3

• Shit happens! Pun intended. Wait for him to fart then give him some grief and move on.

I'm Shocked it took 9 months for you all to get to this point.

• He has no shame when it comes to farting in front of me and I've only done it ONCE and he won't let me hear the end of it! :P Nine months isn't that long actually. I've been yearlong relationships and have never slipped up. I'm so mortified!

• I'm sure plenty more embarrassing moments will happen in our relationship so I'd better get used to it lol :) Especially going into labour and the not so glamorous parts of it. Yikes! At least that's a long while away :) Has a girl done this in front of you before? What was your reaction?

• The popping a baby part out, no, but everything else, yes. Pooping, peeing, queefing, the whole nine yards.

We laugh off the farts, and don't pay any attention to the queefs and before one of us poops, we warn the other to go pee now or have to wait until the stench clears out.

• Girls don't fart. They're made of sugar and spice and everything nice.

• That's what I wanted him to believe lol :P Unfortunately accidents happen ahaha

• 😂 girl you're just human. Don't be embarrassed. Seriously it's not worth losing any sleep over

• He's using my one time slip up against me aha :P It's like he was waiting for me to eventually slip up so he could fart freely in my presence. Oh gosh. I'm so embarrassed!! lol

• Oh, I'll give it to him alright lol :P Thanks for making me laugh! :)

• You're very welcome

What Girls Said 1

• Seriously, life would be much effortless now. Next time he teases you, just fart again. No irony here, it's the little laughs that couples share that hold them together.

• I wish I could be that carefree about it but I'm just not that person lol :) I literally blushed so bad and wanted to die of shame which made him tease me even more!