Do you always expect a kiss on the first date? If you don't get one is it a deal breaker?

Self-explanatory.Do you always expect a kiss on the first date? If you don't get one is it a deal breaker?

Most Helpful Guy

• I usually see it as a bad sign if she attempts to kiss on the first date, it mostly means that the relationship can be fast and heavily regrettable. two of my friends ended up dating and (because of her pushing for intimacy) it turned out sexual within the first two days. Three short weeks later and she's already dating someone else (she isn't what i would call classy or hygienic by any means) but I digress. I usually only really expect so much as a hug or simple physical attraction by the second date (or sometime in the same week/next day if it's long distance) the cheesy way i see it is you ain't have a girlfriend without her first being a friend, otherwise it's just some girl who you're getting intimate with.

• in my opinion your opinion is not cheesy. I did not kiss my husband for a long time. He actually asked my permission to kiss me finally because he was so confused. I felt exactly the same, I wanted him to get to know me and really become my friend before we were distracted by anything physical.

• Going through education I saw a lot of people around me throw themselves into relationships headfirst and I've never seen it go well. They only think about sexual attraction and don't realise how bad the repercussions are for either side. In a contained social environment like a school, group or workplace it can be detrimental to be known as the person who had three one week relationships. To revert back to the question a "first date" may or may not be the first time meeting in person, for example another friend of mine had been meeting up with someone for nine months before they had their first "date" so to speak (more of a sleepover if anything) and by the second date they pretty much lived together and still couldn't be happier.

What Guys Said 13

• Not really, knowing where she and I stand and getting to know her is all I can ask for out if a date. It's not a deal breaker. I'd would be upset if all her other dates before me landed a kiss but I have to wait.

• I would not expect it at all. Too uncomfortable for the first date.

• I don't expect anything... except maybe a smile and a hug.

• Well, most girls have had sex on the first date, so if she doesn't even want to kiss me then I would think that she's not really intome and that I'm wasting my time.

• No, not really. I mean, if we both feel like it, we will. But it's not expected. Would I like one on the first date? Sure, especially if it's really passionate between the both of us. But I'm only okay with it if she is.

• I don't expect. Anything. Ever. Period.
    He/she may be extremely cautious, shy, reluctant, private, or just generally not the kissing type (and nor am I). - So, no, it's not a "deal breaker" for me.

• Yeah thats a deal breaker

• I expect a kiss but not on the mouth. I will kiss her in on cheeks.

• I would likely expect one if the date went well, even if it was just a quick peck.

• didn't get a kiss on the 1st date with this person. She was crazy.

• something has to happen.

• If there's not even a kiss on the first date, there's no reason for a second date.

• Never kiss her on the first date. It'll make her not want a complete sexual act on the second.

What Girls Said 8

• No, i dont always expect a kiss especially if this is our first time meeting. I may not be attracted to him. I usually do a lot of online dating and sometimes the guys who I have met looked different that their pics. Their lips do not look kissable and they look a bit dingy and unkempt.

• I always feel like its a sign it went very well but my current boyfriend didn't kiss me till the 4th date and i asked him why and he said he didn't want our first kiss to be at the busstop loool (cause we always went to a busstop at the end of the dates to go home)

• If the date went well , and we wanted to see each other again , then yes I'd expect a kiss lol

• No I don't.

• I'd actually rather have a first kiss on the second date

• nah not really

• No, it's usuall after 6 months of dating.

• expect it but not mandatory never been with anyone that didn't go beyond kissing on first encounter