Guy asks what I'm looking for, I ask him and he says something serious but he wants to take it slow-- does that mean he's keeping me on the hook?

This guy and I have been texting for 9 days and he always says we should hangout. I finally asked him.. about 2 times and he finally picks a day. We text like we are good friends. He asks me what I want. I told him I want more but If they want to be friends first then I'm ok. He says he's looking for more (serious) but he's not rushing anytime soon and going with the flow. I said oh okay, and then we continued to text like usual. Is he just waiting until someone prettier comes around? I'm starting to focus my attention only on him.. I like the way he looks as well. He did say I was cute and he always initiates and texts back/texts me. Good morning or good night. Right now I'm trying to go with the flow to but I'm getting nervous now because I may start to like him but what if he disappears after a few weeks?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• you need to get to know him better. its hard to tell off that description. does he have a good honest side?

• I don't know yet. I haven't met him. I'm supposed to this Friday. He said I'm cooler than other girls he talked to on the dating website. We constantly text... I don't know if he lies or not tbh.
      But he always refers to me as "cool" he said that about 4-5 times which is weird..

• He doesn't use repetitive words though... I don't know
      We will see. If he stops texting in whole then I guess I'll know where I stand

• keep me updated :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Just relax and take things slow and get to know him first. Don't rush so quickly take baby steps and see where it goes.

What Guys Said 2

• It means he's trying to feel you out to see if you're worth it. It's only been 9 days, relax or you're gonna seem like a stage 5 clinger.

• I'm just worried.. someone said it's a waste of time.
      I want to believe he's interested. He says I'm cooler than the other girls he talked to and he asked me first what I'm looking for. He says hook ups aren't appealing to him either.

• "Do you think we could be more than friends, or do you have a different plan in mind"

• Definitely wait until after you meet him

• yeah, i dk, sounds like he's just playing games with you

• How? That's what I'm afraid of...
      How do you know someone's playing games?

• go with what your gut tells you, it's never "wrong"

• My guy tells me to wait...

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!