How Should You Approach A Girl If You Are A Shy Introvert?

There is this girl at work who, I have a crush on. How should, I approach her without making it awkward? I just dont want to say anything stupid or embarrass myself, do you have any tips for shy introverts?

66

Most Helpful Girl

• think small steps...1 the biggest thing you can do is look at a girl in her eyes and simply smile... that goes a longer way then most people think 2 say anything say hello... if that's all you do say hello and then it may be the beginning of more conversation... i think the worst thing you can do is keep thinking how shy you are because it'll only make you more aware of your problem and freeze you up... so think small steps... look her in the eye, smile and say hello... and see what happens from there... but the worst thing you can do is go up to a girl and say nice rack which i'm not sure if that ever worked i'll leave it to the other ladies on here... personally i get a lot of guys who make me feel uncomfortable... they go nice then check out my legs and ass how know is i think they're staring at my ass so i turn around and they are... girls like a shy guy anyway is really my point... i like a shy guy for many reasons so don't feel bad about yourself... there's nothing better than a sweet guy who respects women like you do and i'm sure you do.

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop crushing on the girl so much and take some initiative before your feelings grow even stronger. When you're around her, pretend like you don't like her and try to stay comfortable. Remember she poops and pees and all that, just a human being, not the goddess of your fantasies. Pretend she's really unattractive or something, dunno. Try to fight against the crush.

It gets easier when you stop crushing so much and just find a girl attractive and worth getting to know in a more intimate context when you ask her out. Then you can be comfortable talking to her and not nervous at all. You tend to do that after some share of girlfriends, to not be so impressed and develop such strong feelings without even dating the girl, without much mutual participation on her part.

Until then, try not to crush and try to fight against the crush when you talk to her.

• Crushing from afar when you're inexperienced and don't have the hang of charming girls yet is like using a sniper rifle from a couple thousand yards away when you haven't figured out how to aim yet. It's easier if you wield a machine gun and just go for girls you find attractive initially without fixating on a specific one and growing strong feelings.

• Try to amuse yourself when you talk to the girl. It's not just about her. It's about you too. Have fun with it. Don't worry about the results. If it's a rejection it sucks but not the end of the world. This also becomes easier if you don't deep crush on girls too much.

• Here, let's practice. Pretend I'm a girl named Sarah. Now greet me and try to work your way to asking me out.

What Girls Said 5

• Start by introducing yourself. If you're very nice then it will make her want to approach you the next time.

• Ooo ask her if she's into Disney because Beauty and the Beast is coming out soon

• Show her some signs. Usually girls will realize it even though it is a small sign.

• First get rid of your shyness

• practice, get rid of your shyness

What Guys Said 5

• Stop thinking about it as approaching. Just talk to her like a normal person. You gotta try it once, and eventually you'll be able to do it easily.

• Simple. You don't. Not in that situation. "Don't shit where you eat". Find someone Outside work and away from important activities for you. Then, just go up to her and ask how's it going, how has her day been, what is going to do in the upcoming weekend/friday. If she isn't going to do anything, and you aren't either (very important, don't change plans for a girl) ask her out. Whether you ask her out or not, try to get her number. Not facebook, not whatsapp, not snap. But her number.

• Just play it safe, sure you don't have the swagger to pull of just going in and asking or even telling her to go out with her. Start with something easy calmly ask if she'd like to go to get coffee or see a movie, offer to pay and just play to your strengths. Try to smile ask for a hug or something small, tell her she looks pretty, compliment something she is wearing or her perfume or hair.

• You don't you have to change yourself

• Coming from a man who used to be very introverted when I was younger, I have a few tips. Most important, the less you stress about saying something stupid or embarrassing, the less likely you are to do or say something stupid or embarrassing. Shame is a state of mind, and if you are being genuine and in the moment, there's nothing to be ashamed of, so relax and be yourself.

Flirting is fun, the stakes are low, and if you say something stupid, laugh! The more afraid you are of making mistakes the more anxious this whole thing will make you, so you gotta realize it's no big deal what happens. Just start talking with her and see where it goes. Maybe you'll like each other, maybe not. It's nothing to stress over either way, so just go for it and see what happens. Just go with the flow. It seems scary now mostly because you're thinking about it so much, so stop thinking and start acting.

Next time you see her, talk!