Can long distance relationships work?

I personally believe they can, I've been in one for years, just interested in hearing other people's opinions.

165

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in a long distance relationship for a year with a Christian American guy. I'm Muslim tho. He got me through a lot of shit I tried so hard to be patient and I tried many times to break up with and leave him but he didn't let me go. If you guys love each and do your best to be together you will be. There are so many couples who see each other, have sex, share things and live together, some of em don't last tho. Love is love no matter what ❤️

Most Helpful Guy

• They can work only as long as both wish and do what they can to come together someday. Otherwise there is no point.

What Girls Said 15

• Yep I believe they can. I've been doing long distance with my boyfriend for the last 7 months and we're managing really well. I think if both people put in the time and effort and love each other enough then it can work out.

• They absolutely can but only if both parties are willing to put forth the effort to make things happen.

• Yea, they definitely can. I've been in one for over 2 years.

• possibily..
    . although i do beleive that there has to be strong feelings or a strong Bond for it to work and you have to be two mature people to be able to Live such a relationship like adults...

• . They are very challenging and difficult to maintain. It's very rare they survive the distance, but your living proof it's not impossible to make them work. :)

• Of course they can

• They take more work than other relationships, but they work.

• i guess its a communication thing

• Ehhhhhhh you do you boo boo

• They can, but they aren't easy

• I have no clue.

• I have recently been dumped by my ex boyfriend due to long distance relationships. I personally think they are hard and challenging as you do not see them as much because I only saw mine 4 times in the last 3 months which is really sad and I really loved him. It takes time as if you really love someone then you would like them to see you more often but as they may have an event or they are busy there is a high chance you won't see them.

• only if both sides do their best

• it needs too much work

• yeah it can. lots of communication (texts, calls, skype) and visit each other often

What Guys Said 4

• yes... that's not for everyone.
    not everyone is successful.
    but í trust in that...
    one of difficult relationship...
    but how succeed to wait and stand against distance time are one of best couples in the world.
    best of luck...

• Only if you can meet often. If not then it becomes hard to manage. In that case you might agree to kind of be together but keep things open.

• Yes, provided that both of you love and trust each other, nothing should be problem!

• Temporary... yes