Would you date someone who has the same name as your parents?

• yes
  • no

2251

Most Helpful Guy

• It would be pretty odd if she had my dad's name. You see, my dad's name is "Robert". There's a feminine version of that name. "Roberta". Also, I have the same name as my dad. (I'm the third with him being Jr. of his dad.) If me and my girlfriend were named Robert and Roberta, it'd feel silly. lol

What would be extremely weird if we both went by the exact same name! The names Robert and Roberta are both known for sometimes haing the nickname "Robbie", which is what I call myself. Both of us calling ourselves Robbie? lmao That'd be insane! I/We would might have to give up my,(and probably her), lifelong nickname!

Still, the awkwardness wouldn't make me dump her. That'd be stupid. Maybe selfish, too. It would just take some getting used to. (Plus my dad going by "Rob" would help if she went by Roberta, being a bit less similar to it. Another thing that helps is that I only call my dad "dad". lol)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Though, both of may parents have suitably rare last names, so anyone with that name is likely to be related in some way. My best friend has my Dad's first name and I have dated one also (at least one). I also dated a couple with my brother's first name.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE