Do you follow your heart or gut when breaking up? Need advice please ?

I had a conversation with my boyfriend last night about how it didn't feel right anymore, there was something missing. I met someone over the weekend that completely made me feel different and happy and giddy. It opened my eyes to make me see, that yes i love my boyfriend but maybe he's not what i really truly want. My gut says that something isn't right and there's something missing but my heart hurts so bad and i know its gonna suck and were both going to be hurt. I need advice!!

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Always follow your heart when it comes to such things. if you want to FEEL happy in your life, you must FOLLOW YOUR HEART's desires :)

Most Helpful Girl

• It happened to me; i broke up with my boyfriend and yes it did suck and i still think about him at times but I'm so much happier with the guy I met that weekend.
    Maybe you should spend some more time with this new guy and see if you really do feel so much happier with him.

• I do want to spend time with the new guy, but i also don't wanna get my hopes up either about this guy and have it not go anywhere! But even then something doesn't feel right with my boyfriend, and obvisouly I'm not breaking up with him because i met someone, it just so happened that i did and it opened my eyes.

• I think you should give yourself some more time, to figure out:
      - if there really is something wrong in your current relationship
      - if the new guy is being serious or just playing

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• You only have a brain. Your heart and gut do not actually produce thought.

• follow your heart always