How old do you think the child of a biological single parent must be for the parent to start dating again?

For keeping the child from growing attached to someone who'll likely leave - or does it not matter?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• I say you just shouldn't bring anyone home or around your child until marriage is on the table. in my opinion it's not an age thing. If you aren't planning on the marriage (or the relationship hasn't been 18months-2years+) thing then I'd wait until they are 18 at least. that's just me though.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's one of these questions for which there is no definite answer. The thing to do, I think, is to keep the fact of the dating away from the child until the stability of the fledgling relationship is more obvious.

What Girls Said 3

• i dont think there's any age in particular just depends on balance and comfortableness.

• I say 12.

• I never cared about who my parents dated. I met two of them but it wasn't anything serious. My dad was always more open about his dates and I was fine with it

What Guys Said 1

• when the child is old enough to take care of itself