Did I mess up my chance with this guy or?

I've been knowing this guy for about four months. I'm 18 and he's 23. When we first started hanging out, I didn't really set boundaries and he was kind of forceful. After I told him how I felt, he stopped. I never had a boyfriend before, so I was kind of skeptical. I was wondering whether he was just using me for sex. After hanging out for about six times, I began to see how he truly cares for me, makes me laugh, understand my situation, and makes me happy. He also met my mom.
Now I'm a bit worried I messed things up between us. We hung out today for about six hours, and I began to see how we vibe together. Like I can be myself around him. The only thing is, I asked how he felt about me seeing other people. My mom told me I shouldn't just settle and keep my options open. He also asked me if I wasn't talking to anyone else, and I lied and said I was. He told me how he was willing to wait for me. After I told him that, he didn't talk to me and his behavior changed. Did I mess things up for good?

It's just that I'm worried that he might meet someone better and then ghost me. That's why I pretty much those questions. But I regret it because he said that he was heartbroken. I'm thinking I don't know if I should give him a chance..

12

What Guys Said 2

• I think you are still on good terms.

• Do you think I ask him if we're still talking?

• I would say something like, "hey, want to grab a drink sometime?"

• We were supposed to originally hang out on Thursday before all this chaos happened. He talked about it on Sunday, but I don't know if he's still going to come since I told him I want to be friends at the moment. Ugh.

• nothing is forever break if u are willing to take a chance and ask again nothing is better then the truth 😉

What Girls Said 1

• I think you did. He probably felt more invested in your relationship than you. It's quite possible that he might try to move on. You shouldn't be surprised. After all, you were the one who told him that you want to keep your options open. He probably decided to do the same thing. He did nothing wrong.

• Man. I was just thinking about what my mom was telling me. I regret now because I like him now. I mean, we're still talking now, but he asked me what I want and I said I wanted to be friends. But I think I want us to truly talk more and see where it goes. I don't know how to tell him. I'm scared he's already lost interest. :(