How should I mentally prepare for a weekend getaway with the person I'm dating?

We're planning on staying at a casino/hotel. We've been going out for 5 months now. I'm a bit scared given that it would be the first time I would be sleeping in the same room with someone else.

Also, is this trip meant to test how we would be like as a couple?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Dont, just go out and have a good time

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think it's meant to be a test at all. I think the get away is more of an opportunity to be alone together and have some fun, maybe even build a closer bond too.
    We're all different being around people than we are being one on one with someone we're comfortable with.
    Since you two have been dating for that while, it's definitely okay to go and enjoy yourself and have fun on this getaway. If you feel like it's too soon, or feel like you wouldn't be comfortable with being alone in the same room as your partner, say something asap.

If you're scared let your partner know. There's a good chance some intimacy will be apart of this trip too, as given time alone with only that person, it's likely that will become present. Always remember, you don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with.

Mentally, try to look forward to a fun time at the casino, enjoying the environment, and creating new memories with this special person in your life. You don't have to have sex if you're not ready, and you don't have to do anything if you're not okay with it.
    I hope you're able to have a great time and build a stronger bond with your partner. Have fun!