Should we teach young men not to try and impress women with expensive dates?

I feel like TV and Movies are brainwashing some unexperienced young men into thinking that gifts, dinners and all that nonsense is important for getting a girl. In reality some women abuse this for free stuff. Will you warn your sons about this?

• We shouldn't expect young men to give expensive dates
  • We should keep the status quo

25

Most Helpful Girl

• Will I teach my son that it takes more than just money and fancy things to win a girl over? Yes. But I also want a son that is giving and caring enough where he wants to do stuff like that for someone he cares about, if he is able to.
    On the other hand, I would also raise a daughter that dates are supposed to be split (again doing something nice for someone you care about)
    But I think the main thing is that whoever pays for the date, it should be because they want to not because they feel they have to

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. We need to teach men to impress women with their own personality. Try to impress women with expensive dates won't allow you to know if she's into you, or into the money and the dates. If you take her on simple dates where the main thing you do is talk, then you will know if she likes you or not, 'cause no gold digger is gonna date a guy who just wants to get to know each other.
    A good woman, a woman that wants a relationship, will want to get to know you, so she won't complain about the type of dates you go on (unless it's trashy). If she does complain, then you know what to do next... dump and move on.

What Girls Said 1

• Only people who complain about expensive dates are people living paycheck to paycheck trying to make ends meet. That is poor people talk. A man that is doing well for himself will not mind spending his money on someone he is interested even if it means that it will not work out.

• "Poor people talk"? Hey, it's 2017, how about you get your own damn job and pay for your own shit, fucking gold digger.

• lmfao. You realize if your primary incentive to have sex is money you're literally a prostitute right?

• So you're probably poor then?

What Guys Said 4

• Even if there is a movement, there will still be plenty of guys trying to impress women with expensive dates.

• Yeah, it's an unfortunate reality but I have heard a lot of stories of women trying to get free meals from online dating, how can you not have a conscious? That's usually why I always just go to a bar on a first date.

Gifts are great, but you don't need to be paying for ridiculous shit to get the affection of someone.

• I think yes, absolutely.

• God bless you. Yes the world has an epidemic of gold digging whores.