Did I do the right thing? Or was I being selfish?

We've been friends for over a yr now and we recently had sex with each other. The next day, I come to know that he likes a chick and that chick likes him back. I confronted him about the issue and even told the chick what happened. She asked me for advice on what she should do and I told her that she should not waste her time on him. Even though my friend and the girl aren't a couple.. they both seem like they are. Did I do the right thing? Or was this a selfish move on my side? My guy friend has no idea about this.. and after I told the chick that he's not worth being with, she went offline from all her social media accounts to take a break from him.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• You aren't together so it's definitely selfish and fucked up. Why do girls do this kind of shit lol you just ruined his chances with that girl

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you did the right thing for the wrong reason. I somehow doubt that you did it for the sake of your friend. I think you did it for selfish reasons that have nothing to do with the well-being of the other girl. Therefore, I consider the action right, but the thought process that led to it wrong.

What Guys Said 3

• seems you had nice feelings for him

• Kinda both you're more on the side of selfish but that only if you did it to spite him but If i was in the guys shoes we wouldn't be friends. The question is do you have feeling for him?

• if you have feelings for him then yes, if not ur just being blunt and giving honesty

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!