Are you more attracted to someone by looks or personality? or both and why?

So me personally, I start off attracted by looks, but in the end the personality is what matters the most to me. The girl I'm talking to at the moment, the second I laid eyes on her I thought she was gorgeous! But knowing her as long as I have, and getting to know her, she has the best personality!

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks fade, but personality stays with you for a lifetime. I am much more interested in personality, but I do require a certain level of attraction. What fun is it to date someone who is nice to look at, but having a conversation with them is like talking to a wall? What fun is it to date a gorgeous a-hole? Personality definitely wins this one in my book.

• What? I love talking to beautiful walls! said no guy ever! I agree, but looks do play a part in it, just not as big as personality!

• Thank you for MHO! 😃

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's a combination of both.

Here are some situation where I got to like a girl
    1. She was really pretty and I was attracted to her.
    2. I didn't like this girl in the beginning but after she told she liked me I started to think more about her and got attracted to her.
    3. I thought she was kinda average but the more I got to know her the more I liked her.

And now situations where I have gotten to dislike someone
    1. I discovered she was mean/racist/bitchy/ no respect etc.

So conclusion : It's a mix of both but at the end personality is the true winner. Especially for a long term relationship.

If you like someone only cause of the looks and discover she has a bad personality, she eventually get uglier in your eyes and that's also the other way around.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, inside and outside

What Girls Said 13

• It depends. If we meet in person, I am most likely to be initially attracted to his looks first. But if we meet online and he doesn't have a pic, then i will be attracted to personality first

• Personality for sure because looks fade

• Personality for aure

• *sure lol

• I find that can be the case with me sometimes. It's just hard to prove it since I'm a bit introverted.

• @Bm1993 I think if you just keep on trying to prove then that should help. I'd definitely give a guy a chance if he was trying.

• Personality big time. I date ugly guys with great personalities. I don't date attractive guys with bad or even average personalities.

• It entirely depends for me, I guess. Obviously there has to be some sort of physical attraction but every guy I've ever dated has always had the best personality. I love a guy that can make me laugh!

• Both.

• If I'm meeting someone for the first time their looks are gonna catch my eye but their personality is definitely gonna catch my heart. So I'm more attracted to personality but looks definitely help!

• I guess both but mostly the personality

• Physical attraction is a starting point. However, personality is way more important.

• both

• Looks attract me first then personality keep me interested.

• look grabs y attention first as i ca't see one's personality from outside

• You need both. Otherwise it's just a friendship

What Guys Said 9

• It's about 50-50 for me. I will never date a girl whose personality I don't like no matter how hot she is but at the same time if she's hideous I don't care how good of a personality she has.

• same, I love a good personality, but looks are a big part of it

• I'm attracted to looks.
    I like a good bones structure and for her to be athletic. Everything else can be worked on.

• Personality. I can develop an attraction for looks after. Well, unless she doesn't have a nice ass..

• see, when you first see a person you see his/her personality or looks because it matters.
    however looks can be deciving.
    Boys are usually attracted to girls who are cute, pretty, hot, etc. They don't focus on the knowledge part that much haha.

• Both...

• It's always personality. Personality is what defines her beauty. It shows the way she respects herself and carries her aura.

• agreed, I once heard a story of a girl who was so ugly her pastor even thought it, but she looked at herself so highly she thought she was a supermodel! this is a real story! it's amazing how that is! and I think that girl had to have an amazing life, being that confident in herself!

• exactly.. and such people who had been through low self esteem and self doubt will eventually lift themselves up, to a level that, no one could even imagine. I met many such people.

• Moreso personality but not by much. They have to at least be average.

• Personality more so than looks.

• If your not at least decently attractive, I won't date you, if you don't have a dope personality, I won't date you. For me you have to have both.