Should I obey my parents?

My parents do not want me dating

• yes
  • no
Select a gender to cast your vote:

156

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at the age of 23 . You're an adult, not a child . It's ok for parents to guide their "kids"and give them advice but not command them to obey , and control their life.

At your age you should be responsible for your own life , decisions, and mistakes along the way. If you don't, then you're personal growth won't develop and you won't mature.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you live at home, yes.
    If you are on your own, no (but you might use their input).

Mark 10:7
    For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife

If you're not ready to marry, dating is a waste of time (and energy).
    On the other hand, if you could marry, the only way to get a wife is though dating or courting a woman. If you're ready, you might move out and find a good woman.

Hope it works out for you.

What Girls Said 14

• Then don't date. There are girls at school, and there's time between classes. If you have a vehicle in the parking lot then a lot can happen in that time. Who says they have to know?

• Get out of the house and get your own place. While your at their own, you have to respext their rules. However, now your over 18, you have to make your own decisions. Especially, when you seek to get married. But when you live at somebody's house, depending on the rules, you may be limited.

• Your 23 and they don't want you to date, why is that? your a grown man and you should be able to handle your self it's time for you to be more independent if you want to date.

• You're a grown adult.

• No, your a grown man. I think its out of place for your parents to tell you that they don't want you dating. Your old enough to make your own choices. Why do they not want you dating? If you don't mind sharing.

• Dude, you're 23. Do what you want.

• It's taken me a LONG time to work it out, but parents genuinely do know best. They don't want you getting hurt.

• If you're under 18: yes
    If you're over 18 but still they still financially support you: yes
    Over 18 and out of the house: No

• girl ur free live ur dream

• You're 23. Make your own decisions. Except if you are still financially dependent on them or living with them.

• Dude, you're 23. You're free to do whatever you want.

• You're 23, you can make your decisions. You do not need your mom and dad to make your decisions

• I say yes IF you are under 16. I think 16 is a good age to start dating and you should at least try to go on dates and meet people. I'm not saying 16 is a golden age or anything and other people might have other ideas on ages, but sometimes being older gives you more maturity so you don't make decisions that you'll regret later. Your parents might be just trying to protect you. You know where the line is and whether you should stand up to your parents or not in this situation.

• Then don't date

What Guys Said 5

• obey... them...
    but you are 23 but still...
    obeying them is directly proportional to how much you love and respect them...

but í will say talk about this to your parents...
    they also have some reason for stopping...
    ask the reasons...

• you're 23 and not allowed to date? time to step out of the house

• Lol no, just go, date.. DO IT...
    What's their argument

• obey them but date anyway

• your 23? make your own decisions man