He does not want to tell me where he works, should I ignore him now?

I have been talking to this guy for a couple of days. I met him from a dating site. I asked him where he works and he says that he does not want to tell me because he had a stalker before. He just says that he recruits for a vocational school. I'm not sure I believe him. I think this is a red flag. This is like going on a first date with a guy and he does not want to tell you his last name. It's not that he wants to be careful. It's because he is a sleazeball liar. That's what it is. Am I right if I decide to stop talking to him and not meet him because of this?

Yeah, this guys was full of it and sketchy. I decided to continue talking to him and we agreed to meet for coffee. On my way to meet him, I thought, "Guys have flaked on me so many times from dating sites. I wonder if he will cancel last minute." He did. He texted me last minute claiming his car was totaled. Seems like he was really lying except he offered to take an uber to see me, but that he was also injured. I just told him, "Well it was nice talking to you."

15

Most Helpful Girl

• I am under the impression that he is lying to you. I'd stop talking to him as well.

What Guys Said 5

• No, he met you on a dating site. He doesn't trust you enough to say where he works. You might not be, but some women are crazy. I never tell anyone where I work unless I've known them well enough, potential girlfriend or not. I don't feel like losing my job if someone goes off the deep end. Date him, gain his trust and he'll tell you that information eventually. If he was lying about having a job then chances are he wouldn't be able to afford to do much and it would be found out rather quickly. I think you're just jumping to conclusions way too fast honestly.

• if its only been a couple days i think u may be jumping to conclusions. get to know him build trust etc if he still doesn't say anything then yah i wouldn't trust him

• He maybe ashamed or it is a secret he can't discuss

• Give it some time. If he's still that way then you know something is wrong.

• It is reasonable for someone to not tell you where he works.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!