How to get out?

I'm a shy introverted asocial person and dealing with people is my biggest fear... but i do feel lonely and so i decided i will try to go on dates. And so a guy from my workplace asked me out. And i thought that this might be a great chance to see how it is. So we went on a date. He is a really sweet person. Shy aswell. He added me on fb and we talked a bit (he texts me everytime i come online... i kind of dont go online anymore...). The thing is i might not like him in a way he likes me. When i went out with him i hoped i would magically fall in love with him and like him more than just a co worker... but that didn't happen. When we talked he told me he is scared of rejection. And that puts a lot of preasurre on me. I dont know how to say no to people. So I don't know should i stick around him a bit more and wait to fall in love and just go with the flow. Or should i tell him how i fell (this option is scary asf) or should i decline him (even scarrier). Now people dont get me wrong i care for him i guess just not enough. I feel so selfish and bad but i really dont feel it. I want to fall in love but somehow its not working rn maybe im just to busy with college and work... But i really want to get out of this situation without hurting him...

15

Most Helpful Guy

• sweety I have respect for the fact you have no desire to hurt him but honestly is it his feelings only? or is it your considering that you are not going to like making him feel that way. I have a simple way to help. No one makes anyone feel something, we feel what we feel because of who we are based on past experience, upbringing (parents) and our perspective of the world around us. I also can guarantee this if you believe you are going to go through your entire life not upsetting someone, even a little bit, well as sure as I can be I would say that the one person whose feelings you should consider will be hurt. I don't think I need to say who but why not.
    YOU

Most Helpful Girl

• You should NOT stick around him a bit more. That would be unfair for both of you. You should tell him the truth, that you don't feel that you're that compatible to each other. If you continue the situation, you would be wasting both of your time for nothing at all.

What Guys Said 4

• jus tell him u dont feel the same its the easiest thing to do. cuz if u wait to fall in love then its not u likeing him its ur head jus goin with what ever looks and seems right

• well he did a wrong for telling you his fear of rejection, that's a total loser move. You can't just say that to someone you're starting to talk to. Hey just reject him you're not doing any harm, he has way more feels than you. doesn't mean you have to get wjth that guy. be logical please

• Hi. The concept of love has to be realistic and not based on the movies. It's not always magical. At best, magic may happen once in a lifetime, if ever. But if u don't like him, tell him honestly. Continuing something ur not into will hurt him and u much more in the long run

• Either introvert or extrovert, be honest.
    Particularly about your feelings.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!