Would you date someone you aren't physically attracted to?

Personally I wouldn't and I don't think it's shallow to not date someone that you aren't attracted to and that's because I think if you need that attractiveness towards them for a relationship to work.
Im not saying personallity doesn't matter but physical attractiveness is really important too.

• Yes
  • No
  • Other - comment
    Vote C

202

Most Helpful Guy

• there is nothing wrong... just give them a chance...

the first thing we notice in a person is...
    face beauty and looks
    and our decisions are mostly based on that...
    but sometimes... we fall in love becuase of there personality and the person they are...

Most Helpful Girl

• No, because I need to have a physical attraction before I'd consider dating a guy. His personality determines if I continue to see him or not

It's not possible for me to start dating a guy based in his personality alone , because if I don't know him personally how can his personality be a deciding factor of whether to start dating him or not. I need to know him personally before I can judge his personality. I can't know that unless I date him, but If I didn't take physical appearance into consideration that would mean I'd date just anyone , and everyone lol. So physical attraction has to come first for me.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 19

• I don't get physically attracted until I get to know them for a while. They have to engage my mind first. Then when I like them, I like whatever they are about.

• i agree. physical attraction is as important as emotional one. As someone who has tried loving soneone whom i wasn't attracted to, it was a hard pill. it is easier for thr heart to be swayed if you can barely look at your partner. sometimes its physical attraction that may help u be more patient when things get bad. its important for sex too. so dont overlt under estimate it. Nonetheless one should be reasonable with it. For me, as long as i can find one attribute about someones apearance that i love, i can overlook all else. some people need two attributes, others need all to be perfect.

• I voted yes but that is only because my physical standards are so low that its almost identical to dating people I'm not attracted to. I would say that only 2% of the guys in my school are too ugly to date. On the other hand 90% of the guys in my school are too flawed personality wise to date.

• I'm generally not physically attracted to people before I am emotionally attracted. The more deeply I love, the more time I spend with someone, the cuter, and more attractive they become on the outside.

• That just won't work... there has to be some type of physical attraction, even if it's small... it must be there.

• As long as you're both not physically attracted and it's established early on so nobody "uncovers" this and feels bad, I think it's fine.

• I don't really see people that often that make me go wowza, so, most of the time, if I am talking to someone, it's someone I grew to look at that way.

• No, I wouldn't wanna date someone I wasn't attracted to.

• No... to be physically Attracted to someone doesn't necessarily mean the person you're physically Attracted to is attractive... so it really wouldn't mean you're shallow physical attraction is just as important as emotional Attraction in order to have a healthy relationship. . If you're not physically attracted to your partner you'll most likely feel very uncomfortable in that relationship might even hurt the person

• Once I met guy who was that calm person in class. He was bit overweight he has worn glasses and had messy hair. I was loner too so I talked to him and then we started jogging together going to gym and then I noticed he is getting lean and his face features are beautiful. So I don't know when I fallen for him. I guess I stated to find him attractive because I started to notice him more? I don't know.. I think personality and looks are 50/50 important.

• No I would not

• no attraction is very important no matter how he/she looks unless you want them to be your brother or sister

• Depends. If it's a guy, I'm more attracted to his personality. Physical attraction will develop later on.
    However, in when dating a girl I need her to be appealing to me.
    Sure it's weird but I don't know why.

• I don't think I could, I mean their looks might grow on me but they have to be close to my type or have something I find attractive

• I wouldn't

• I sound so shallow, but no. But hey, love is blind.

• No, I don't think so.

• no, personally if u feel unattractive to them then you or your partner aren't gonna be happy during the relationship, you might as well not even go through something that will cause pain

• nope, been there, done that