What does this guy intend by saying he wants to "settle down"?

I went on two dates with this guy a month ago. We had a lot of fun in person, but he led with sexuality so I had to continually tell him I wasn't looking for a hook up. The other night, he randomly asked if I'm looking for a relationship and I said I'm dating to find out what I like. He asked what I like and then he said "I have that" and "I'm looking to settle down." A little confused as to why we haven't made plans, I said "nice, maybe we can get to know each other better then" and he said "well yes." Thoughts on this situation? Thanks!

72

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it has much to do with him falling hard for you as it has to do with him just being upfront with his intentions from the start.

Most Helpful Girl

• To me it sounds like he wants to have sex with you, but since you've rejected his previous advances, he thought that telling you he wants a relationship will get him what he wants (sex). Be careful with this one. Dunno if what he's saying is true, but to me it just seems like he's trying to say things he thinks you want to hear. People looking for a serious relationship aren't so pushy with sex first.

What Guys Said 1

• He's telling you what you want to hear.

What Girls Said 6

• Listen I suggest that you cut this guy loose. If he really wanted something serious he would not jeopardize trying to get sex. Because that is all that he wants from you. People tell your intentions from the jump when their serious. He just randomly threw it in there to bait you to stay. Either way he just wants sex. Once he gets it, even if it takes a few more weeks, he will bounce. Right now he's manipulating the situation and is trying to pressure you by switching up and always agreeing. Do you find him usually always agreeing? You may not have a connection building as you thought. It's not authentic. Tell this guy goodbye.

• Ot means he's looking for a girl who he can build a future with. He wants a long-term committed relationship.

Although, he could be manipulating you , coz initially he " led with sexuality" so he only mentioned he wanted to settle down after you continually told him that's not what you're looking for. So I'd get to know him more , he could be playing you.

• It sounds like he wants to settle down but hasn't quite moved past the wanting to hook up phase. Have you spoken to him since?

• Its probably A trap... he's pretending to want something serious so youd trust him and slowly open up to him... so he can get inside... or who knows maybe he likes you

• He wants a serious relationship

• He's just saying he doesn't want to sleep around and wants a real relationship. He's probably trying to convey that he's a good guy to date. Good luck!