Was I being too needy and clingy? Should I back off?

Me and this girl have been seeing each other over a month and things have been going great. We're not official but I feel like things are kind of heading that direction.

Anyways just yesterday when we were hanging out, I asked her if she wanted to go to a movie and she said yes. I called her just this morning to follow up about tonight and she said that she'd let me know because her sister is wanting to hang out with her before she moves. Throughout the day were we exchanging snapchats and texting one another but she never brought up if she was able to go. I figured she eventually let me know but she never did.

I became inpatient because it was getting close for the movie to start so I called her and sure enough she was hanging out with her sister. I'm not mad that she ended up hanging out with her sister, I'm just bothered that she didn't let me know and was kind of leaving me hanging.

Was it needy for me to call her or should have I just assumed that she wasn't able to go because she didn't bring it up? Is this a sign that I need to back off?

Any advice would be helpful

11

What Girls Said 1

• you were right to call her. Don't worry about that. She was hanging out her sister a don't worry about that. she likes you still she just lost track of time. ask her out again next time. and if she "forgets" its a sign that she doesn't like you

What Guys Said 1

• I feel you i hate being left hanging I need an answer I don't really care if it a no or not but I need closure. sometimes I resort to double text or calling but I hate to because I don't want her to feel like I'm being stage 1 clingy. she probably just got busy spending time with her sister and forgot but I wouldn't stress it this 1 time unless it continues to happen