Are only children pressured into having a family?

Like for me being an only child, i don't wanna dissappoint my loved ones or discontinue my family for good. I don't see myself even dating much more getting married or starting a family. It's kinda hard on me maybe it's sum i'd have to live with. ?

21

What Girls Said 2

• I'm constantly pressured to have kids, and since I'm the one who would have to actually have them it's terrifying. If you ever want kids, then by all means, be a parent. My family is mad because I actually fear child birth and prefer adoption should I ever want kids.

• You have to do what makes you happy. But yes it can be very stressful to be pressured like that.

What Guys Said 1

• I think that this widely varies from family to family. Like my parents always told us not to have children and wanted us to focus on our academics and careers. Now that most of us have kids, they seem to really, really adore them. Like more than I ever thought that they would given their lifelong recommendations on passing on children.