+1 y

She's crazy about me but is not ready to date seriously?

REALLY long and complicated story that's basically a romance movie out of freaking Hollywood:

Girl and guy hit it off like never before. Both admit to really liking one another right away and that they've never experienced stronger chemistry before. Girl had just gotten out of a relationship. After 2 weeks of dating girl freaks out and pulls back. 4 weeks go by and they have a real talk. She tells the guy that she has extremely strong feelings for him and that he's what she's been looking for. She wants her next relationship to be her last and I tick off all the boxes and some.
The problem is that she had just gotten out of a 3 year relationship 2 weeks prior to dating each other. She said that she hated the person she had become at the end of the relationship. She would run away when problems arose and cheat on him. She feels horrible for everything and thinks she's a terrible person for it. She knows she's not ready to date anyone because she's going to end up "fucking it all up". She doesn't want to fuck it all up especially with me because I'm who she's been looking for (she won't say it, but everything points to her starting to fall in love with me). She wants to take time for herself to figure out what her problem is and sort it out so her fears don't come true. She wants to reach out to me in the future when she gets all her ducks in order. Obviously I'm not going to wait for her but I told her if the circumstances are right I'd love that. We agreed to keep in touch, but I told her that the ball is in her court and I'm not going to be contacting her or chasing her unless she initiates, basically giving her space to come when she pleases. I can easily see myself falling deeply in love with this girl and in a way I think she's just really afraid of getting heartbroken again so she's pushing me away since she knows I have that power over her.

Anyone been through something similar or heard similar stories? I have a gut feeling that our story doesn't end here...

+1 y
would love some advice if I haven't handled the situation better.
+1 y
The more I think about it the more pessimistic I am about this and the more full of shit I think she is. If she really feels the way she's led me to believe about me I just don't see how she'd want to completely cross me off. I told her we could take a step back and take it slow, but she said she wouldn't be able to go slow with me. It's just not adding up. I deleted her number, if what she says is really true then I'll find out in the future, as far as I'm concerned, she's not interested.
12
15