Is Being Old School a Bad Thing? Who should make the first move?

Lately I've been bashed here on G@G because I expect a MAN to make the first step towards a woman and NOT vice versa as in - "THE MAN should approach her first" ... why is this such a big deal? I mean most Women expect a man to do the first step, at least in my case, NOT LIKE he has to do BIG THINGS but just approach me and talk to me first...
It's funny how a few Men are self proclaimed decision makers and break winners but are now able to make the first step to win over a woman... ?

I might be wrong, but I would never approach a man I'm interested in first, I would wait for him to do it...
Is there anything wrong with this?
And why would they even BASH me and be MEAN to me just because this is MY WORLD an I WANT MY MAN to approach me first because I ain't doing that for sure !!!

Then of course a WOMAN CAN DO THE SECOND STEP, and continue with the flow... Is Being Old School a Bad Thing? Who should make the first move?SORRY , but that's just me... 0.-

• A MAN should approach a WOMAN FIRST
  • A WOMAN should approach a MAN FIRST
  • It's just a matter of Mentality
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D
Woah, Okay guys, most of you took it the wrong way, and I honestly apologize if somebody got "OFFENDED" but this I was not meaning to cause harm, maybe I chose the wrong words to describe this situation, for many of you that know me they know for sure i'm not SEXIST and I'm not FEMINIST or ANTI FEMINIST EITHER.

But woah, most of you really offended me, instead of just trying to make me understand your opinion you continued to bash me. THANK YOU... really civilized here.

Have a nice day

1976

Most Helpful Guy

• "- "THE MAN should approach her first""

The big deal is the word 'should.'
    -There is nothign wrong with men approaching first. There is nothing wrong of you wanting them to do that. But to 'expect' it... tjat os neomg self centered.

"NOT LIKE he has to do BIG THINGS but just approach me and talk to me first..."
    -If it's not such a big deal then why can't you do it? Not like you have to do big thngs, just approach him and talk.

"to win over a woman"
    -So you're objectifying yourself and making yourself in to a prize? That goes against what feminists fought for, no?

"but I would never approach a man I'm interested in first"
    -Your loss but that is your right none the less.

• You over analyzed the whole thing sweety :) just answer the basic...

• @Thisdudehere...
      this time you are right...

• It's okay, I still like you :) lets hug?

Most Helpful Girl

• Oke, it's not right to bash you for your opinions
    I personally always think that we're now living in the 21st century and it should be normal that girls can approach guys first.
    of course it's nice if a guy does the first step, but why wait.
    let's say there is a guy you totally like and he doesn't notice or he just didn't know how to approach you, so you both are still sitting and never see each other again, why wait? Why wait for an opportunity? that's so stupid in my eyes

• Sure we're in the 21st century and you are right, but most I think opinions vary in this topic depending on mentality, the sexual issue in general will never have a solution, even thought i have a really happy and strong relationship with my man, and HE was the one who approached me, and HE KNOWS i expected that, he never said anything like "You are being sexist" like on the other comments... but I do appreciate your opinion and it's accepted <3 thank you sweety