Would you date a nerd?

I'm 17 and I read a lot of books as I'm addicted to know more about everything... because of this many people call me a nerd but honestly I don't look like those typical nerd guys... I don't wear glasses, neither do I have any braces on my teeth... I look normal but a bit muscular and I don't have any experience with girls... would it be tough for me to find a girl for myself with this introvert lifestyle?

1210

Most Helpful Girl

• Literally all of my boyfriends have been nerdy in some way.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are plenty of nerdy girls out there who'd love to date you. They're a bit harder to find than your everyday girls.

Or... it could just be that you're more than just your books and are a well-rounded and interesting person, and people will want to date you anyway.

What Girls Said 11

• I think everyone has different things that attract them. I don't think there is anything wrong with loving to read and learn, it's actually quite endearing. Nothing wrong with being a nerd, smarts are a plus not a negative.
    There will be girls who are attracted to those qualities, I promise. And if a girl doesn't like you just because you like to read/learn then she isn't worth your time. Find someone with similar interests :)

• Absolutley. It's hot when someone can actually keep a conversation with you rather than just getting through live basted on their external attractiveness or whatever. The desire to be educated is definitely one of the first things I look for in a guy because it shows that they aren't trying to be something they're not. It shows that they're curious, they're willing to put in an actual and genuine interest into the things they care about which in turn, creates such a positive fundamental part of actually maintains a relationship.
    Read comment**

• Brain training through reading or the desire to gain more knowledge is a huge turn on because it expresses that you're probably less likely to give up on a relationship right away because of your persistence to consistently apply yourself to whatever you're doing. The knowledge you gain from reading books also encourages a healthy relationship because since you've observed in 3rd-person what OTHER relationships are like, you're able to make better decisions when it comes to your own relationship. To add to this, I would so much rather date an introvert than someone who's all up In your face because you're a bit more mysterious and there's more than just what meets the eye

• I don't think you will have a tough time to find a girl even if you consider yourself introvert. Me personally, I love nerds :D

• No you shouldn't have any problems and girls like intelligence

• My fianc├ęs a nerd and an introvert. So am I. If you find someone like you you won't have a problem

• I would date someone like that

• Get out, circulate and socialise. Get a life.

• Well I do but I love my lone time, driving my bike through the midnight city

• You're another one of those girls trying to shame men into relationships.

• @Topkek No, not in the slightest, in fact that thought hadn't even crossed my mind.
      As another saying goes. Live And Let Live"

• I dont call people nerds who likes to reading books. they are just amazing. coz most of them are genius.

• i would

• nerds over fitness dudes always.

• sure

What Guys Said 9

• I'm in the same boat. Don't advertise the nerd thing, but at the same time don't try to be somebody you're not. The key is to find a person first then let out your quirks little by little.

• Aside from the nerd part you sound exactly like me, I'd date a nerdy girl.

• I have a crush on a nerd so yes.

• You my friend need to relax, don't stress about it that much, your women will automatically come in your life don't rush.

• Why is the question always asked? Why can't someone date another person because they are in love them? Not because of their physical attributes.

• boooooo

• 11hrs ago you were alright... what happened now?

• Yeah

• You have to adapt to the common mindset, when you want to do well in their company.

The job can be so taxing you may give it up: that is your choice.

• You're fine dude. Just believe in yourself

• Man really l feel so stupid and dumb when I try to talk to a girl... I don't even knoelw how to start a convo

• There's nothing to it. They're just human like us. Just ask general stuff. Start off with small talk. You never know you might have a common interest and hit it off. Some girls you'll just click with and others not so much. But you're just as worthy as any other guy so you'll get a girl no sweat