Have Online Dating Sites and Apps Changed the Dating Scene for Better or For Worse?

There is no question that online dating and apps have changed the dating scene, but has it changed it for the better or made it worse? How so?Have Online Dating Sites and Apps Changed the  Dating Scene for Better or For Worse?

Most Helpful Guy

• Great question! I'm not really in a position to answer as I met my other half before online dating, but my observations are that because it's so much easier to reach out to girls (or guys), less effort is put into it. Before online dating, just going up to a girl, and talking to her took some effort and nerve. I think that old process helped shape us and was part of our development, and without that process younger people are more insular than before and lack that ability to approach and talk to strangers, which in turn it's shaping the world in what I believe to be a more negative and less inclusive way.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its been for the worse. A discussion on this the other day as well as some other conversations I've had on the subject have shown me it's like fast food. Possible a quick and easy satisfaction of "hunger" but not truly satisfying. Unfortunately many people will never learn, respect or appreciate the art of dating. getting to know someone. As too many just think they can take care of their needs by swiping an image, getting some sex and moving on, similar to that cheeseburger wrapped in paper at the drive through. It took care of the immediate need but more times than not it leaves a bad feeling in your gut. People need to take time, go to the grocery store, find some healthy choices, take them home and get to know various ways to prepare the items for a satisfying AND healthy meal.. or mate.

What Guys Said 14

• Online Dating what a joke LOL

• Better, IMHO. While there are the catfishes, time wasters and secret fatties, the sites do put you in touch with people you might otherwise have never met. Plus, you know for sure they're single.

• Definitely better for me. That's how I met my wife. We're in our tenth year together.

• Worse. As compared to real life, women will at least say hi back when you talk face to face. On dating apps, a guy will push out somewhere upwards of 70 messages to females and may only get 2 girls to say hi back.

Only exception is if the guy is hot or has money.

• I think it has made it worse. It gives women confidence in my opinion. That in its self ain't bad. It is the attitude that get from the confidence boost. Half what most guys tell a women is a lie to get in her pants. They pass guys over because good looking guys are telling them they are pretty. when they want only a piece of ass. When the guy who really wants a relationship. Gets passed over. because she thinks he's ugly. It's just not pretty women, the ones that look like you shaved donkey ass. I know I am not the best looking thing out there. I am fit, I graduated college, got a good job, my own place. none of that matters. It really comes to how big of douchebag you are.

• I dating site has a specific purpose. The people on a dating site make their own choices based on their hidden desires. If a person lies about himself then the bad effects of such a behaviour would also ruin the scene for rest of the participants. Of course not to forget the man or women who has to face the brunt of such a liar. Men and Women both lie on dating/ matrimonial sites. Its a given that 30% of what is stated are lies or exagerations. Then why blame the messenger. if the message is flwaed.

Dating sites allow adults to make their own choices. Its not forced upon anyone.

• Not sure. I haven't downloaded any of those dating apps. At the same time, I believe dating and romance or whatever else are vastly overrated. So, six in one hand, half a dozen in the other.

• Never used them

• I am still looking for a dating site thought you advertisements to pay for the site and I don't need a credit card to use it properly

• worse way worse

• For Better given more choice and options for meeting a new partner. As when you meet some in real life people lie and don't tell the whole truth. Is up to you what you share and you believe is new true from you new partner

• better

• There are a few commercial sites, like eHarmony, that are okay. Then you have all these other sites that seem to attract bottom-feeders. The apps are worse.. they are just hookup apps... even more bottom-feeders. Stay away from all "apps".

Serious sites, like Eharmony are paid and have set rules and procedures you must go through. They have a strong vetting process. Those are okay, and attract a higher class of people looking for something serious.

• Dating sites have made things worse because it gives people more of an excuse to be shallow as a lot of girls as well as guys on datings sites primarily only focus on looks and people often lie about themselves on their profiles. I am going to delete all of my online dating accounts and try to meet girls in person, I'm not "attractive enough for online dating".

• I feel almost certain that I would not be tolerant enough for it, so don't feel bad.

What Girls Said 8

• I think online dating had made some people more open to "finding a better offer" certain people believe there is always something better out there

• dating sites r just a place to display dick pics and titty shots.. nobody on there wants to date they just want to fuck..

• I'd say for the better because everyone uses the nowadays. Before they seemed to be for the weird people who no one wants, but now there's more variety.

• better I think. there are so many ways to communicate now, with kik, Skype, etc. so you are able to get to know people better and weed out the bad ones.

• Most of the guys that are on there just want sex.

Most of the girls on there don't want to actually meet anyone they just want attention for their ego.

• Both. While some people have found love on dating sites/apps, most people that go there are just looking for sex or they're rude people that only care about looks in potential dates.

• it made it worse

• I feel they have made them too sexual and people on there are now mostly looking for just sex instead of committed relationships

• What kind of sites have you been on? O. o

• ... ok you have gone off the deep end.

• @JustSomeArmyDude
      Got nothing else to say because deep down you know I am right and you are so in the wrong. Take your sexist, pig attitude away