Why don't guys ever chase after girls?

why don't guys ever chase after the girls cause to me it feels like girls are always chasing after the guys. why?

914

Most Helpful Guy

• 1: Feminism fucked up the mentality of women that makes them way less desirable. The movement created a victimhood mentality in all women to the point where they think every guy approaching them is a creep.

2: Men want to feel desired too. If a woman doesn't show forth any interest in us guys then we certainly won't put interest in her.

3: Girls don't normally 'chase guys.' Showing eye contact to a guy across the room, or hell winking at him, is not 'chasing.' Often women have double standards on what it means to do the initiation for men and women.

4: Chasing just outright sucks. Rejection sucks. Humiliation sucks. And whats the reward? The chance to even get a number from a woman who may not even text back? Guys aren't rewarded for the chase.

5: Chasing for women is LEAGUES easier. Men are 100xs more approachable than women. With point #1, guys normally don't assume anything of a woman when she approaches him.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been "chased" plenty, my current boyfriend pursued me quite a bit as I was admittedly unsure in the beginning of our dating phase. Nowadays however those in the newer generation are less likely to do so, in my opinion because of the gender-expectation shift and a lack of social skills (attributed to the internet and social media being a more effortless/consequent ess form of communication).

What Guys Said 13

• There's your answer. The girls are doing the chasing, so why should the boys do anything?
    You're too young anyway. Just be friends at this age. Get to know boys as human beings and not just some prize. Learn which boys really like you for you and which have less noble ideas. Later on, this experience will work to your advantage.

• Men still chase. However they give up a lot easier now and would rather chill with bros than chase after a girl being chased by a gorillion other dudes.

• sorry because sometimes people don't like to play the chasing game.

• Cuz when a guy shows too much interest it turns most girls off and it's hard for guys to figure out what the right amount of interest to show is

• It's all the estrogens in municipal water systems.

(Serious Meter: 5/10)

• The only girl who was obviously chasing me was way too young.

• I thought it was the other way around. Men chasing women.

• They do, it's literally the exact opposite of what you think. I wish a girl would pursue the guy for once but that has yet to happen.

• I'm not sure you're ready for that answer. The quick version: girls are far more trouble than they're worth.

• That's childish and in the age of recasting consent gotta focus on am I going to far.

• Because you're 14.

Guys aren't that excited about the vague idea of being a couple. Until they are looking for something physical they're just not that interested.

At your age there's also just not that much matching off. All the girls like the same 4 guys and all the guys like the same 4 girls

• Because it's childish and it shows that the woman is a total cunt.

• That's funny... Most guys hate having to make the initial approach, hate drama, are too chicken, already thinks a girl is dating somebody else. I could go on and on and on. Just cause you don't see us chasing doesn't mean we are not.

What Girls Said 8

• But they do :)

• This is something that I notice also. It seems that most females are chasing after the men versus the other way around. There are some guys that chase females and enjoy making sure that a female is happy but they probably feel like they get taken advantage of because they are being to nice.

• I do feel like that too. Although I also don't see anything wrong with the girl taking the initiative. It paid off for me and most of my friends.

• Some guys do. I've had this happen quite a few times actually. But that's probably because I never really went out of my way to chase any guys.

• They do, but when girls say no, they stop and they are feeling kinda rejected, and maybe they are trying to stop being so clingy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Because girls shouldn't be playing hard to get. Relationships should be mutual.

• Lol not in my experience

• They don't want to risk being accused of assault.