Guy talks to me like a friend and doesn't flirt?

I mean the first time we texted he called me cute. We've been texting for a while and there's no flirting at all. We just talk like normal friends everyday. He just added me on Instagram. He said he's in no rush for a relationship and wants to go with the flow. To my understanding, he wants to see who comes or if I'm a good fit/ or if I'm crazy and needy. I like taking to him as a friend actually... but isn't it weird for a guy to text a girl everyday unless he's semi interested in her?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually no. I talk to a girl I know everyday just about (I've gone a day or two when I've been busy) but I did used to have a crush on her so I mean he could just still be talking to you because he does have some feelings for you but he doesn't want to accept the fact he likes you possibly oooorrrr he could just really think you're a cool girl and enjoys having good friendly conversations with you.

• He thinks I'm really cool actually. He mentioned it about 3 times. He asked me what I'm looking for and I told him more but friends first. He said he's sort of the same as well. After that we've just been talking normally and as friends. *shrug* Never really had guy friends though so it's interesting

• Wow it takes that long?
      Yeah, my last relationship I became official after 3-4 weeks and I barley knew the guy... which ended badly too

• I would think so, gives you that chance to build a strong relationship but it depends on each relationship and what you want from each one

Most Helpful Girl

• He is probably interested in you, but he doesn't seem to be ready to be involved in a relationship.

What Guys Said 3

• He is taking things appropriately.. you should not be in a hurry and make things ugly

• Yeah. It's just that people on here say oh he's not interested if he hasn't taken you on a true date. My mom says we are just friends and to chill/not look into things. Is it true that friends first equals better relationships?

• Yeah. She says I need to stop being needy because guys hate that stuff. Haha. If he wants to be friends then cool, she says to always keep options open too. Yeah, that's so true. I always rush into things to which make things horrible.

• Don't rush.. take easy.. play easy n safe.. it won't hurt you that way.. good luck baby!!👍

• maybe he is taking it slow. why don't u try flirting with him. it would break that barrier if he begins to flirt back at u.

• No we do need a friend (girl) whom we are comfortable with and can speak up anything and everything. Not everyone wants a relationship.

• Yeah, that's true.
      I've never had a guy friend before too.
      So it would be nice to have one!

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!