Jealous of my best friend?

Hi everyone :-)
I just want to ask everyone (woman in particular) how they feel when their friends are getting married and having kids... And your not ha ha.
My beautiful best friend got married nearly two years ago, and called me the other day to tell me she was pregnant. I absolutely hate her husband (that's another story) but I don't know if it contributes to how I'm feeling.
I am over the moon for her pregnancy as she is honestly the most wonderful girl I know and the best friend anyone can ask for, she will be the best mother.
However, I felt a little (a lot) jealous when she told me.
I live in another county, and have a very successful job and business and a lovely partner. I guess it's kind of reminded me that I feel the clock is ticking, and also that she is married (albeit to an arse) and I'm not etc.
Is this normal to feel like this?
Thanks xx

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah its normal

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it's normal. As long as you don't let it eat you up, no probs.

What Guys Said 1

• That's inner issues why would you be jealous your friend is happy? Would it make you feel any better if she was Fucking around on him and they were not as happy as it appears?

• I think it's more of the fact that it's worrying me as im now starting to compare myself. And she would never fuck him around... Where did that conclusion come from?

• I can't see the question I have another work I honestly don't know.

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah its normal! But don't worry about it. In time you will get married and have kids too :)

• I don't know about normal, but it's not healthy
    You're not a good friend

• Im a very good friend to her, have been since we were both 5 years old 😊 how did you come to the conclusion that I wasn't? I think it's made me compare myself to her x