How to break the touch barrier?

Going on a second date with a guy. On the first date we hugged hello and goodbye. We did not kiss and I'm glad we didn't. He is a respectful guy. It wasn't the right time and I wouldn't have been ready. For the second date I want to touch a little more to gauge my attraction for him. We are seeing a movie at the theatre and then going to dinner. What are some things I/we can do to increase attraction, break the touch barrier, and feel more comfortable touching? I'm not aiming to kiss him just yet. If it happens I might go for it but I want to take it slow and see how it goes. By the way the armrest between the movie seats go up so we could sit pretty close to each other.

Most Helpful Guy

• -Rest your head over his shoulders during the movie

-Hold hands while walking

-More hugs

-If you are going to dinner. Maybe he wears suits, you can go fixing his tie for him even tho nothing would be wrong with the tie. Or just find a way to approach his body and cloths according to what he wears.

-You mentioned you might see scary movies. You can pour your physical reactions on him. Not necessary be scared. You can make your reactions up in order to just make the physical connection.

-During the dinner, on the table, you can move your hands toward the same objective that he tried to pick up. It could be a tissue or another similar objectives. This way a hand connection will be established.

-Wiping his mouth also is a good option as someone suggested.

However, it would be more suit to communicate openly and declare that you are willing to take it slow. This way, you can make the physical connections very fearlessly without certain stress and overthinking. Communication and expressing your feelings and setting up the boundaries around your comfort zone is always crucial and effective.

• Thank you so much! How would you suggest I do that last part?

• Thank you so so so much.

• You're most welcome.

Send you my best wishes and hopefully everything works out between you two with a positive outcome.

Good Luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• Let it happen naturally don't force it. One of you may not like that. Touch doesn't increase attraction. The more you get to know each other and be attracted on your own accord, the need to be close to them will eventually come around on its own.

• Thank you! I understand, I'm just trying to see if I'll get "that feeling" with him.

• You may not get that on the 2nd date. Things take time for different people. What matters is the pacing of the relationship. And from what I gathered, I don't think you will know right now. It may take up to at least date 5.

• Well I hope to at least feel like it's moving in the direction of a relationship and that I can feel like I would want that.

What Guys Said 10

• You should try to hold his hand. Maybe kinda rub his arm with the back of your hand a little if you two are sitting next to each other. You could run your hand through your hand through your hands. That's pretty cool when girls do that.

Just be careful. You say you want to move slow but stuff like that could make a moment really tense in a romantic/sexual way.

• Thanks. I don't want to have sex for a loooong time and I think he knows that I don't want to rush that part. He knows I've never had a boyfriend. I more want to take it slow until I'm sure of how I feel about him. The emotional connection is there I just want to test the physical connection (innocently)

• I understand that but you just need to tell him you want to take things slow. That way you don't have to over think everything.

• Yea, @crazynKinky is right. It should all feel very natural. No need to go against the flow of things. If you feel you need to slow down, let him know but no need to over think I don't think. I try not to.

• get close during the movie maybe hold hands more frequently or jus lock arms simple stuff for anyone to do really and can all be done on the fly with no real planing.

• You can hug more than you already did, hold hands (if you haven't yet) and if it's possible you can lay your head on his shoulder too.

• React to things in the movie by taking hold of him in one way or another. Like, if there's a funny scene, hold him as you laugh.

• Ask him kindly when the movie starts if you can put your head on his shoulder when you'd feel tired.
    Than, half an hour later, do it :D

• Just keep your hand in his hand. Or keep your hand on this thigh. Or rest your head on his shoulder. Other steps will flow naturally from there.

• Is touching his thigh a good idea so soon?

• Our hugs were really quick last time. This time I want to have a longer hug.

• Hug him properly , this time.

• Jokingly touch him and then from there its all history its easier said than done so I understand where your coming from. Just don't touch him until he touches you society is on your side in this case anyways.

• HUGS 😍😀
    You can't go wrong with hugs :)
    HUG HIM TIGHT, girl!
    https://i.imgur.com/69FOtKN.png

• If you want more love then why don't you just say so?

Just say: "Touch me, touch me, tell me you want me. Hold me, hold me, tell me you know me. I don't care about anyone but you."

• If his arms are on the table at dinner, touch his hand if one of you says something funny. Or you could grab his arm when you two are walking.

What Girls Said 6

• Slide your hand on his arm, when you want to show him some form of affection. Even talking to him, glide your hands across him. Use a tissue to wipe his mouth (even if there isn't anything on his face) saying he had something on it lol

Just find any way to touch him and that barrier is pretty much broken

• You are driving yourself crazy here. You need to stop over thinking everything! I know it's hard but just let things happen. If you want to take things slow tell him that. If you want to hold his hand or put the arm rest up just do it. He's asking you out clearly he is interest.

• Jusy grap his balls hahaha! Ok don't do that! Just be cute and act like a girl!

• Hahaha okay

• so I'm i! lol but he doesn't know that! haha! Anyway have fun on your date! I am going on a date by myself! I think I want to go to the movies! lol

• Have fun lolol

• When you're walking next to him and you talk about something that excites or surprises you, grab his arm and get closer to him. It's subtle and not too obvious because it happened in the moment

• Get close to him during the movie and try to hold his hand during it.

• if wrap your arm around his. I love touching a mans strong, sexy arm. you can mean you head on his shoulder too.