Why hasn't he taken me on a real date?

we've been seeing each other for a few weeks now and I always stay at his place. We watch movies, get takeout etc but he has never actually asked me out on a date. We always hang out at his place. Is he just not interested in something serious or am I making myself too available and he doesn't need to try? I don't want to keep investing time in this guy if it isn't going anywhere, but I really like him.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I would actually argue that he believes that by taking you to his place somewhere that you two can talk and get to know one another he is strengthening your relationship.
    However, if you would like to be wined and dined I would suggest that you make the first move and take him out to a restaurant and hang out somewhere afterwards.

I wish you the best of luck :)

• Thanks for the input :) I may have to just make the first move!

• for sure!
      I'm just a big fan of spending time together as a couple and getting to know eachother and then going out for a public official first date. It really makes things go extra smoothly as you already know how to talk to one another, share laughs and have a great time :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he enjoys spending time indoors. That doesn't necessarily mean he only sees you as a potential fuck-buddy. If you are scared of that possibility though, you need to have a discussion with him.

What Guys Said 3

• well tell him, men aren't mind reader', so tell him that you want to have a more serious date. For all he knows is that your totally fine with just movie dates.

• It could be he doesn't have the finances to properly take you out or he could be ashamed to be seen with you in public. Ask him.

• possible reasons could be that he sees you as a friend or he does like you too but is afraid of telling his feelings to you. Try giving signs

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!