My boyfriends friend is texting me is that seen in a bad way?

So recently my boyfriend has joined a fraternity here at school. Which has gained him more guy friends, which is good! because he wanted more guy friends. I of course want to have a good relationship with them as far as being friends and nothing more. So he asked me to hang out with him and some of his friends one night that our university was doing some kind of mardi gras thing. So i went, and you know met them all chatted with them. We were all have a good time. Well recently, my boyfriend has been getting close to this one guy, and he has hung out with him multiple of times, and i of course respect his time with his friend. He invited me over to his friends place, he was a nice kid you know me being me i wanted to be a good girlfriend and have a good relationship with this guy so he wouldn't like hate me. Well I followed him and a few others on Instagram, only the ones i met that night. I saw something about free pancakes at IHOP this past day, and His friend was like I want to go, and I was like me too. Well that night his friend sent me on instagram, something about pancakes and he asked me if id like to go with him to eat some free pancakes. I said sure, you know to be nice, and we of course going out as friends. He texted me over instagram quite a lot. But i dont I mean I've told my boyfriend about it, i guess he doesn't mind it, he is always up in my business about things I do. Asking me who and i texting and such and I dont know is this wrong. Should I be answering hid friend back... or do you think it is okay to have a friendship and only a friendship with this guy. My boyfriend and I have been going out for over a year. Sorry this was long.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Since the two guys know each other and it seems like your boyfriend trusts him not to do anything stupid I wouldn't do anything about it for now. It seems like the other dude just wants to get to know you better (but ask his other friends if he's mentioned you in a romantic way to be sure just in case)

Most Helpful Girl

• let your boyfriend know about his friend asking you hanging out and if he's okay with it, hang out then... if not, just ignore the friend. At least you have your boyfriend's permission... so, there won't be any misunderstanding later on

What Guys Said 2

• Just let your boyfriend know what's up and you should be good. Until he tells you differently, you can be friends with his bro.

• No. Most definitely tell your boyfriend first.

What Girls Said 1