Does it take more than one date to actually like or feel attraction towards someone?

So the past two weeks I went on two different dates, yet with both of the guys I couldnt feel any sort of connection or romantic feelings towards them. Both of them texted me after and were interested in a second date, but I didn't give either of them a direct answer.
Embarrassingly enough, one of them went into kiss me and I backed away because I just didn't feel that way towards him.

Is this normal or did I just go on dates with guys I'm not interested in? Do I go on another date with them even though I didn't feel any connection the first time?

Most Helpful Girl

• Attraction comes instantly to me both physically and mentally, and I don't consider it common after a date where you're basically focusing on the other person for hours and you don't feel anything, that it would suddenly appear later on. So if I were you, I'd move on to a date with a new guy and see how things would go with him.

• That's exactly how I feel. We didn't have any common interests at all so I probably couldn't feel any sort of connection or attraction towards either of them
      Thanks for your response!!

• Sorry i forgot to reply, I agree that it has a lot to do with how much you can relate to each other, so that must be why you didn't hit it off.
      Thanks for mho

What Guys Said 2

• It's possible that it takes more than one date to actually like or feel attraction towards someone. It also doesn't help that you haven't connected with them so that's why you feel the way you do. If you're not emotionally connected with them, then you're not going to feel anything. Do what you think is right. At first it might be a rocky start but you found them good enough to go out on a date with them so maybe give it another try. Do something different. Connect with each other.

• Probably your standard is too high.

• I honestly don't think it's my standard or it being high.. it's just that we don't have any common interests so it's hard to connect

What Girls Said 3

• I'd say give them a chance. like or love will develop eventually, if not, it is time to depart or you could just make it clear that you'll just be friends with them.

• I find that sometimes attraction develops after a while, but generally if I'm interested in someone then I know nearly straight away. Why not give it another shot with both of them? See where you are then?

• it takes many dates for some