How do you know if he secretly likes you back?

I talk to this guy, he is one year older than me (sophomore). I've been talking to him for a while now and I really like him. He's a sweet person with a great personality. In the fall he knew I was into him and he liked me too, So I guess technically we were a "thing". A whole bunch of drama happened and he started talking and hanging with this junior, so he really didn't talk to me much after. They were a "thing" for a while then it ended like all "things" do but during that time we still talked and were friends. after that, For a while he did not show interest in anyone but I thought he was maybe interested in me again, turns out he likes this other junior that swims with him at his swim club. I know he said he liked the other junior but to me it seems like he maybe likes me. I usually am not this crazy about a boy but he's so different than the rest and for me it's ether the guy comes and talks to me or we don't talk at all because I'm kind of shy and don't know what I am supposed to say or do. But he puts in effort to come talk and be with me, whenever he sees me in the hallways he always smiles at me. We have this study hour at my school, once a week. We all have home rooms and mines turns out to be his science teachers room, so sometimes he'll come in that class and work on his homework. He comes and sits with me and we have good funny conversations and after he'll walk me to my next class. So really I can't tell if he is interested in me or not.

What Guys Said 1

• Simply goes out of his way to spend time with you. Such as time that he could be spending with his own friends.

What Girls Said 1

• I think he simply views you as a friend and he likes the other girl.