This guy and I are having a hard time going from good friends to something more. Help?

We started off being really good friends and I loved hanging out with him and stuff and then I got the vibe that he liked me and so I asked my friend and she told me that he started liking me ever since we met (which by this time was about 3 months) but he didn't do anything because he thought he didn't have a chance and didn't wanna ruin our friendship. Then awhile later, I told him that I liked him back and we tried to make things work but it was hard. (we also live
about 30 minutes driving away from eachother)

Then we decided to just be friends for awhile and that was when he decided to go for one of my best friends. But I found out later (when I was drunk and he was like buzzed) that he never stopped liking me and we basically told eachother that we still really like eachother. Now I just find it weird cause I never see him and we talk everyday but it's hard to transition from being such good friends to like flirty and all that stuff. Other people say it's easier starting as friends but for us it's harder. Any suggestions?

12

What Guys Said 2

• Keep things simple.. you already know your limits hav been on the verge of crossing.. so take it into the next level.. Dont put the background into foreground thinking you were frnds like anything.. now you guys are taking it to the next level.. so go for it without thinking too much.. things will do just fine..

• Start dating and doing things as a couple more, start off slow if you need too. It's great that you are both already good friends. Think of each others as couples though keep the friendship between you but be a little more affectionate with each other

What Girls Said 1

• Perhaps plan some dates?

I would say that for a lot of my friends who I later dated, I was definitely less flirty with them than I would be with people who I dated but was less close to in the beginning. Because for the latter, I don't know them that well yet and I'm building the relationship on this physical attraction we feel so I tend to flirt more. Despite not flirting as much, I was still really affectionate towards them (holding hands, kissing, etc.)