Is it weird for a 21 year old girl to date an 18 year old guy?

We go to college together and I also work around him because I run the concessions stand at the baseball games he plays in.
I haven't gotten time to have a conversation with him, but his dad was telling me all about him and how he's been hurt and he's not good at talking to girls and how I'd be great for his boy 😂 I was sort of weirded out but we do have some of the same interests and he is really cute. The only hang up I have is the age difference. I've been with guys a year younger than me and found them to be immature, so I question what an 18 year old would be like.
If it does seem appropriate, how would I go about setting that up? Would I just ask for his number or?
I'm hesitant to make the first move because I feel like guys don't take girls seriously when we do.

12

What Guys Said 2

• No it's not weird.. if you both have that sense of maturity and indeed.. she is just a number... i dated a girl 6 years older than me when I was in grad school.. i was 18.. seh was 24.. and we really had a great sense of understanding.. so we really hit it off..
    Go for it !

• There's nothing wrong with it, since both partners are at legal age. I've been dating a 20 year old girl from my college for the last few weeks, and I'd say her and I are good so far.

• How old are you? Have you guys uh consummated the relationship yet?

• I'm 18. We're not official right now, no. Just been talking and going out for the last 4-5 weeks. Maybe something will happen soon.

What Girls Said 1

• Nope, there is nothing weird with that. It's only 3 years.
    Approach him and ask for his number.